Five of the worst metal videos you will ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its moronic critisizing those old vids. they were shot on low budgets back when videos were new and there was none of this hitech to work with. I bet they still cost plenty at that time

Hall of the Mountain King was shot in Howes Cave about 10 miles from where I live.

These bands never made any money, touring at the best. The heavy metal audiance was small, most money went into commercial metal or what ever else was popular in the 80's. Most heavy metal vids got shown on MTV's Headbangers Ball late Saturday night... if they were lucky. There were not computers, no youtube, no myspace. These old bands paved the way for heavy metal, now today so many want to slag them.

The next album Savatage shot this one and it shows there was a little more money in the kitty but not much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty sure this is the worst metal video ever.

This song without the video is pretty badass but the video gives me douche chills.

Some other highly enjoyable ones, not too be taken too seriously:lol:

So the blog is named "Truest of the True" and you've listed these five videos as the worst? That's some deep irony man, congratulations.

Its moronic critisizing those old vids. they were shot on low budgets back when videos were new and there was none of this hitech to work with. I bet they still cost plenty at that time

Hall of the Mountain King was shot in Howes Cave about 10 miles from where I live.

These bands never made any money, touring at the best. The heavy metal audiance was small, most money went into commercial metal or what ever else was popular in the 80's. Most heavy metal vids got shown on MTV's Headbangers Ball late Saturday night... if they were lucky. There were not computers, no youtube, no myspace. These old bands paved the way for heavy metal, now today so many want to slag them.

Come on dude, the amount of funds you have available has nothing to do with your seriously fucking questionable aesthetic choices. That said, it's fucking metal and ridiculous aesthetics are kind of a part of the package, but if you aren't capable of laughing at it you're kind of laughable yourself.

Come on dude, the amount of funds you have available has nothing to do with your seriously fucking questionable aesthetic choices. That said, it's fucking metal and ridiculous aesthetics are kind of a part of the package, but if you aren't capable of laughing at it you're kind of laughable yourself.

Music videos in the first place are a bloody stupid and worthless idea, so I don't see how making a "good" music video is something to be proud of when there are better ways to waste the recording company's time and money.

what ? did you say something here that had anything to do with the post you quoted ?

I feel I ought to throw Iron Maiden's Virus video into the mix...

Maiden videos are generally rubbish, but this is the worst. Blatantly filmed in an empty swimming pool (probably in Steve Harris's garden), all the rubbish QUICK ZOOM IN ZOOM OUT ZOOM IN AGAIN ZOOM OUT stuff... awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.