Favorite acoustic songs by metal bands

Txsxhx

Dead or Dreaming?
Oct 16, 2007
Hello all,

I was just listening to "Came No Ray of Light" by Vital Remains and remembered how much I love acoustic songs by metal bands...

What are some of your favorite acoustic songs by metal bands?

Well it's not an entirely acoustic song (about half & half) but the intro acoustic "riff" to Opeth's "Face of Melinda" has always been one of my favorites, along with the rest of the song.

As for best entirely acoustic songs, it's gotta be...

1163924797_origin.gif

Well it's not an entirely acoustic song (about half & half) but the intro acoustic "riff" to Opeth's "Face of Melinda" has always been one of my favorites, along with the rest of the song.

As for best entirely acoustic songs, it's gotta be...

1163924797_origin.gif

I've heard Face of Melinda many times, but I am listening to this Orgin album for the first time and I love it so far.

Most of Opeth's acoustic songs are enjoyable, but I think the winner for captivating acoustic metal songs is Blind Guardian. From "The Bard's Song" to "Harvest of Sorrow", they are the undisputed champions.

Listening to "The Bard's Song", amazing.
As well as "Harvest of Sorrow"...this is great stuff, thanks a lot.

Zephyrus, tell us how it is if you get the chance.

Most of Opeth's acoustic songs are enjoyable, but I think the winner for captivating acoustic metal songs is Blind Guardian. From "The Bard's Song" to "Harvest of Sorrow", they are the undisputed champions.

The Bards Song fucking rules.

Even though it's a short one minute song I like Before the Vision by Iced Earth and Reaching the End. They fit with the album perfectly.

Personally, I hate acoustic Opeth. The song writing is only god for heavy guitars, when contrasted with acoustic interludes.

Harvest is a prime example of Opeth being extremely boring. Though I guess that Face of Melinda was okay...

I have to agree with The Bard's Song. Asfågelns Död by Finntroll is also an awesome acoustic song.

Personally, I hate acoustic Opeth. The song writing is only god for heavy guitars, when contrasted with acoustic interludes.

Harvest is a prime example of Opeth being extremely boring. Though I guess that Face of Melinda was okay...
I love Harvest, the first Opeth song I listened to.