Worst vocal performances in a song

Bruticus

Jul 25, 2014
Cheese
Please give me your best worst vocal performances you know. I LOVE this shit so much man.
I randomly remembered this song from Atrocity, which band I generally rate mind you, and I thought even yeaaaars ago it was unbelievably bad, the vocals:

You can post a vocalist whose performance is lackluster or flat out neglectful and spiritless like that gem I just supplied... or if the guy is actually off key, you win the thread. But please bless us with your anecdotal knowledge of vocal shiteness.

Dr. Mealgood coming in strong with those drunk bob Dylan inspired gaspes of air he calls singing.

Reactions: Bruticus
Holy fuck you're right. The EP after Forest is okay in vocals, it was a little more of him transitioning to that dumb stoner rock vocal bullshit style he has.

Septic Tank rips but yeah pretty much. I still haven't checked out The Last Spire though, gets some high praise.

Telling you guys, he redeemed himself on The Last Spire. Massive doom metal album.

LIVING IN THE SHADOW..... OF THE DAMNED CATHEDRAL

Reactions: CiG
whatever the fuck these guys do, fuck them

they dont write lyrics

lol. Nice.
It sounds like the instruments were recorded in one continent and the vocals in another. This is some of that "post" shit. It's amazing, a style which mere label allows you to SUCK. And sorry but. 'Ghost Bath' ? I'm starting to think this might be a joke and we're taking it too seriously. (I hope ?)

I like Slipknot (and a lot of nu metal tbh) but this song makes me fucking groan how fucking awful Corey can be.

hahaha, yeah, Slipknot were good music during those first two seminal records but that's just nu metal self-indulgence to the max here. The screaming is good, but that start.

Dr. Mealgood coming in strong with those drunk bob Dylan inspired gaspes of air he calls singing.

:rofl:
WTFFFFFFFFFFFOHKKKK was that man... good Lord what tha fohq. My first impression is this is one of those "Shred" overdub videos, but damn it looks so real. Can you imagine paying 60 dollars from your hard earned salary to go stand and watch this on a Saturday :tickled:

Reactions: LrdFgt
Not necessarily shitty per se but still in tone with this thread as far as ridiculous fkng performances:

It's hilarious to me a band (and vocalist in particular) would deliberately out of all possible styles choose to produce this music. Swedes who think they're african americans and rap in a threatening way but with enormous metal gtrs in the back. How could this not be comedic, how ?

I dig the instrumental tbh. It's along that really weird industrial music I like. Shitty fucking vocals though.

Nu Metal is a breeding ground for atrocious vocals but killer riffs. I'm on the fence about this, dude has a killer vocal delivery but its so weak at the same time.

Bands like System of a Down, Disturbed, Slipknot, Static X, Drowning Pool, nu metal and rap metal in general probably has some of the most embarrassing vocal performances of all time.

Reactions: Allfader