Worst vocal performances in a song

Nothingface draws a lot from more extreme metal/metalcore elements. Their cleans are pretty meh but they have awesome riffs

Mudvayne's second album draws a lot from weird progressive groove metal

Fair to Midland is like a cross between System of a Down and Tool esque bands with probably one of the most technically proficient vocalists in alt rock music

Staind's first release is borderline Stoner Metal with angst lyrics. Heavily AiC influenced.

Apex Theory draws a lot from Middle Eastern/Mediterranean music. All of the members are Armenian American.

This is fucking garbage. Absolute garbage. I fucking hate the voice, riffs, everything. This is like worse than Creed. How the fuck.

Blame Mr.Bungle and Faith No More for it ;)

I like Daron more than Serj anyway. @TechnicalBarbarity would disagree though.

Daron writes killer riffs.
what would i disagree about? i dont like either of 'em but at least Serj isnt some pretentious doucher. I dig some of their music though. I think Toxicity is a pretty damn solid album and they also have other good stuff scattered throughout their discog.

Daron is probably the most important piece of the band(since he writes just about everything and it's basically his band), but Serj's vocals are a key part of their sound. That being said i think daron is a pretty shitty guitarist in comparison to just about every other band/guitarist we talk about on this forum.

I dunno, I still feel like Serj is just Armenian Bono now. His solo work is cool but Im not too into his major politic stuff. Its been a love/hate for me since like 2014.

And whaaat? How is Daron a pretentious doucher? I know hes said some pretty dumb shit (the Charles Manson stuff does make me kinda question him at times) but he's got really amazing riff ideas. They get pretty samey I wont deny that.

i would never use the word amazing to describe anything daron(or anyone else in that band tbh) does. The guy is pretty much an amateur in comparison to any of the guys we talk about here. Some of you guys can probably write better riffs than he can. OH and the guy is pretty much an obnoxious douchbag that no one gets along with, including his bandmates and even some of his own "fans". Hes also a whiny ass little bitch irl. Just an overall weak little emo faggot.

Btw Serj's poltical views are the main reason i dont care for him. The guy seem like such a shallow and dumb person who just spews forth whatever new talking point there is. And most of his political nonsense/views has to do with american liberalism, not Armenia

I will say, Im a lot less of a fan of SOAD now than I used to be. They were the all above band for me in most of my youth and probably up until I was about 18. Now they are just like Tool to me; overhyped and just kinda meh to what I was really fascinated with years ago.

Without them, though, I probably wouldnt like a lot of what I like today. There are so many other bands that do what they do better.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Where did he touch you Tech?
right in your butt...
BLzIfkV.jpg

lmao. As I listen it's kinda growing on me though. Wimpiest voice I've ever heard in metal but it kinda fits the song and overall feel, gay country metal or something.

OOH AH-AH-AH-AH will go down in history as one of the most sublime and inspired vocal melodies of the century.
Nu "metal" bands tried to get their signatures vocal features, which were all pretty embarassing, like Jonathan Davis' mumbling on Twist. The musicians are another story, tho.

Which nu metal" bands had/have good vocalists? probably Deftones?