Worst vocalists ever...

I hate all that power metal vocals.. Helloween, Stratovarius and so on..
Halford sux.. Ozzy.. not that bad.. I love Dickinson's voice..

Originally posted by Ordeith
IMHO, the worst vocalist ever has to be Mayhem's session vocalist for "De Mysteriis dom Sathanas", Attila Csithar.

Wow man, that's crazy. I happen to think he is one of the most unique and disturbing vocalists in music today.....I love it!

I can't think of any genuinely bad vocalists at the moment. Sure there are lots that I don't enjoy, but I can't really think of anything that I can't listen to other than those awful rap vocals thrown in with this Limp-Bizkit/Linkin Park stuff....

I don't like vocals that are not deep....
Mickael's growling is just perfect, and deep >:eek:)

About the Haggard vocals... I didn't like them
either, but now I love them.... It's such a big part
of the music... This band is one of a kind and I
can nothing but respect everything about it >:eek:P
I can't help it, it's just the way it is....
I enjoy everything about Haggard, even though
the music/vocals is FAR from perfect....

There have been a lot of vocals I have hated,
but fallen in love with later because the music is
brilliant, that includes Embraced for instance....

Most blackmetalscreaming makes me laugh, but
after digging though some great bands I have
come to like some of that type too....

So I can't name one singer that is really bad....
Anyone can sing better than me! :eek:)

Originally posted by Phyros
But Bruce? His solo albums are great! I love tattoed millionare, balls to picasso and accident of birth, not really that found of the skunkworks stuff and chemical weding, but Bruce is most certainly a good/great singer.

i agree, i find his last albums far better than any albums Iron Maiden made since Seventh Son

from famous ones definitely Mr.Dani filth
and also King Diamond gets on my nerved when he does these high-pitched vocals

ooooh,and the singer of Suffocation (hehe brutalizer will execute me now :p )

Mortician definitely sucks (theyre just grunts) and Dickensen definitely annoys me... also, alot of people would probably disagree with me here but i just cant stand Dream Theater's vocalist. Also, i happen to like Dani's vocals for some reason =D theyre annoying and high pitched but for some reason it appeals to me somehow. But he is a damned sucky singer, i saw him live and he blew... he couldnt sing over himself 200 times like on the recordings haha

Originally posted by terrymx
the vocalist of coal chamber is pretty bad. i can fart better then he sing.

screw you man...dez isn't that bad, he's actually pretty good...maybe i'm biased because i like coal chamber alot

mikael akerfeldt on the steel recordings are pretty crap...when he goes really high he sounds like a squeaky toy...especially on "say goodbye(to love)"

i actually like dani filth's vocals...i hate him though

Ozzy, Shagrath, The dude from Dream Theatre, The dude from Carcass, The computer-vox from Cynic.

Fuck. I hate most 'vocalists'.

Burzum sucks...
Danit Filth sucks...(he makes me laugh, actually)
Me... (however hard I try)
That Guy from Anathema (as much as I love them, his voice sucks)
Marilyn Manson

Good vocalists-
Akerfeldt
That Guy from Grey Skies Fallen
That Guy from Arcturus has an interesting voice
That Guy from Agalloch

Morgan

Bruce Dickinson is a vocal god IMO, sitting next to my all time favorites. Although his later work is better simply because his voice is much more controlled.

Dani Filth I do not like, but I will admit his style fits CoF's "spooky horror music" style, and I honestly couldn't imagine CoF without him.

Anyway, all time worsts include:

That clean singer in Tales from the 1000 Lakes by Amorphis (wins the award for most nasal voice EVER)
The guy from Manowar
Anders Frieden (no power in his voice at all...just seems like screaming)
The guy from Slaves On Dope (if you haven't heard of them STAY THE FUCK AWAY :lol: )
Phil Anselmo in Pantera's last two albums
Ozzy Osbourne (why does he get any credit? Tony Iommi and Randy Rhoads dammit!)

When it comes to particularly annoying vocalists, the only one that comes to mind right now is that guy from System Of A Down (metal or not).
I must add that I tend to listen to a lot of "gothic (metal)" stuff and so I've heard many a female singer fail miserably... but I wouldn't know their names.

Over the years I've learned to appreciate styles of vocals I once thought I could never get used to: death growls (I now own Death, Carcass, Amorphis and of course Opeth records) and black screams (I don't own that many, and it's probably not considered very "true", but I have one great Empyrium record and one by Covenant). I'm still not a great black/death fan though.

The worst vocalist has to be Darren White, formerly of Anathema. I know at the time it was probably quite good, but looking back it's bizarre and mediocre at the same time... Basically just bad.

....don't know who i would say is the worst vocalist ever...but i do know that i don't particularly like dani filths vocals a lot of teh time...don't like him much either ...clearly many of you have the same oppinion on his vocal ability.....
the singer of the australian band "Jebidier" has a REALLY annoying voice....( not that anyone will probably know who i am talking about)

Liz