Worst vocalists ever...

hmmmm

well, Johan Liiva is the worst 'vocalist' i've ever heard. If ever there was an alternative vocalist with absolutely no talent outside of punk, he's it.

Cryptopsy's former vocalist, Mike DiSalvo, was really....really......really bad. Especially on ...And Then You'll Beg.

[edit]

oh yeah, Anders Friden is also right-up there with the worst/talentless.

[edit 2]

oh yeah, and Nick Holmes of Paradise Lost. He fits with the music quite well but honestly, listen to him, he's almost tone deaf.

Dani Filth
Dave Mustain from Megadeth cos he sounds like a deformed gremlin
singer/rapper out of Linkin Park
growler out of Suffocation, whatever his name is
the singer from the band that supported us on Saturday night

Ordeith said:
How about starting a "worst of series" of threads? I mean, we've done gazillions of "best of" thread so why not try something new?

IMHO, the worst vocalist ever has to be Mayhem's session vocalist for "De Mysteriis dom Sathanas", Attila Csithar. I nearly fall out of my chair laughing each time I hear a Mayhem song with him singing.
margarita brackatan, she's bad really bad, download it if its on the net at all.

ffanatic said:
Chris Barnes
Man, you got to be kidding me, Chris Barnes is the best Death Metal vocalist of all time.

Anyhoo, worst ever -

James LaBrie - God he sucks
That dude from Nevermore - I reckon I could really get into this band if he died in a car crash or something crushed his throat
Blaze Bailey - What were they thinking
Dave Mustaine - And I know I'll get murdered for that
Lord Worm from Cryptopsy - Someone's having a laugh here

Spod2508 said:
C'mon I'll take ye all on :)

Seriously though, listen to Tombs of the Mutilated again and tell me he's not superb

He can growl low, there's no doubt about it, but he sacrifices any semblence of enunciation to do so. Just not my cup of tea. Corpsegrinder is actually pretty good.

Next_Profundis said:
Here are the worst vocalists of all time:

Chris Cornell (esp. from temple of the dog era)
Michael Akerfeldt (esp. his clean vocals)
Lana Lane
Layne Staley
Floor Jansen
Russell Allen
Christina Scabbia
Sharon den Adel

The best vocalists of all time are Ozzy and the guy from Cannibal Corpse and the guy from Nile. Ozzy is the best though. I love the way he clearly enunciates every word. His rendition of "take me out to the ball game" was particularly moving.

I saw the Ozzy version on TV the other night. What a sad mess he is. I saw another interview with him when he was still in Sabbath many years ago and he came across as an intelligent and thoughtful individual. This a warning about chemicals and what they will do to your brain. Very sad Ozzy, very sad.