Worst vocalists ever...

Therion's vocalist on Lepaca Kliffoth. I like their latter records, but I can't listen to that one because of the vocals.

I think Mikael Åkerfeldts growling voice is shallow. It's not one of the worst in the world, but I think opeth could be better on this area.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned him yet-

James LaBrie!!!!!

Esp live, he couldn't stay in tune if his life depended on it!!
I love the musicians in the band, but I cringe whenever he sings. Hey, that would be a good thread, who should replace LaBrie? My vote goes to John West or DC Cooper.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Most will probably hate me for this - but Ozzy totally annoys me. I just can't listen to him.

HELL YEAH!!!!! I can't believe how many times I've been personally attacked because I don't like Ozzy.

The guy from Creed.
The rapper/whatever you call it from Linkin Park.
The newest Pantera vocalist.

My brother wants to add his vote: That first singer from Symphony X (on the self-titled album) before his fave singer, allen, joined.He also wants to add that Ozzy is getting really fucking annoying, and Sadistik is right, Dani sounds like someone has his balls in a vise.

Originally posted by RogueSpirit
Anyway, all time worsts include:
That clean singer in Tales from the 1000 Lakes by Amorphis (wins the award for most nasal voice EVER)

Actually those are the most non-nasal vocals the dude has ever done. He can be heard also on three Kyyria albums and on the new Sub-Urban Tribe. And then there is a band called United Underworld, but I don't know if they've ever made a record.

A few here.

Ozzy
The singer of Grave Digger, whoever he is
The singer of Cryptopsy. He tries to sound angry but noooo...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Besides there is something about vocal players that make a side project and put their name and try to pass as solo artist, a vocalist is important but in none of the cases is relevant to the music, if they do nothing but sit on their lazy ass and write bad lyrics why should the band have their names? to catch the fame of him? its metal, not pop.

Shows how much you know. Dickinson has made quite a few songs for Maiden and most of the stuff on his solo albums and I guess Halford has too in his own project.

As for poor vocalists...

Fabio Leone(sp?) of Rhapsody
Dani Filth

The newest Pantera vocalist.

Uh... You mean Phil... From the last 6 albums...?? :lol:

Phil Anselmo is MUUUUCH better than the power-metal dude of their first independant releases.

To tell you the truth, i like Phil anselmo. There is PLENTY of good singing, AND good screaming from Phil.

Cemetary gates, Floods, Aviod the light, Planet Caravan.

His vox for Down are pretty good too.... Damn stoner-metal

Yeah, there are lot's of vocalists I do not enjoy, but none I hate. Some Vocalists perform better in other bands or incarnations. It's just one of those opinion things and some things just need getting used to. That said, rap-rock like the limpers and linkin farkd suck!!!!!! yeah, rap and hip-hop sucks too - allllllllllllllll of it. Metal to the world.

Non metal: the guy from The Vines. That shit is Horrible.
Metal: Symphony X's guy. Jesus dude, I can do better than that and I suck Hard. I don't know if this was a guy from the past or what, but it seems like it was on The Odyssey. I could be wrong, though.

Oh yeah, and anyone that puts Mikael down on any serious vocals he does needs to be shot for being an idiot. I could say the same for Dan Swano's vocals but I can see why some don't like his.

Dream Theaters's vocalist is just so whiny whn he goes for the high notes its just terrible. When he sticks to the middle register I think he is great.
Dickenson can be brilliant and also awful when he overdoes the big vibrato thing.
I like Halford though so go figure. He basically does what the other guys do but has that power.
Anselmo lost the plot after Vulgar Display and wasted his obvious range and talent by being a total moron.
And how about John Anderson from Yes.
I admire Nile for their vision and complexity but they are the most grating death metal vocals I have heard. I don't mind insanity in death vocals but this mono-tonal grunt is bloody awful.
John Tardy for being the best/worst singer in history.