Would you trade a Fender American Standard Strat...

i don't want to compromise your leverage, but i've got 2 american made strats and i hate them to betsy. i kinda bought 'em for the neck, which was a step above my much cheaper ibanez. but since learning what i have from this forum i've thought about trading them pat a 75% disadvantage, but *i would* go lower.

emg's on a strat don't work for me either, unless it's those hetfield pickups...i want those!

As has been pointed out, I said USA Jackson, but thanks for the input grandpa :loco:

lol what makes me a grandpa. and i emphasized american strat cause mexican made fenders are garbage. im not familiar with foreign jacksons so i wasnt really commenting on that.
whatever its a matter of taste i guess. but when you compare the two brands - jackson vs fender... fender wins hands down in my opinion.

l_473da73dcb8cad737ea8a2b95a7e9595.jpg

Strats can be made into metal beasts, I call them werestrats.

This. Davey has made a pretty decent career playing a Strat. ;)
IMO, Strats are amazing guitars for anything, let alone metal. Who says you can't use a Strat to play metal? I have a 2003 American Strat with Lace Sensor pups and it slays... it's all about personal preference and more importantly, you want to sound like yourself and not everyone else.
Back to the original poster, I would never make that deal in a million years but you should keep the Strat and save up for the Ibanez and then you have both!!!

yea and the pickups. and might as well get a new neck.

i guess mexican fenders are "fine", as are japanese... but they are no american

'MURICA!

Haha, how fussy! I get along just fine with my mexican tele, I swapped out the pots and pickups that's it. Neck is lovely.

Have a Korean strat which is also amazing. Not everything has to be american!

Alright! Thought about this deal and realised it is a shame to give a Fender USA strat for an Ibanez, it just feels wrong to me, you know!?

So i decided to keep it. But then..

Gibson_Explorer_1968_Ebony_109010436_1.jpg

WOW man!

Saw an ad of someone willing to trade this beauty.

So, this is my new guitar, traded my (lovely) Fender Strat HSS USA Standard for this (lovely) Gibson Explorer USA.
496+500 humbuckers are just awesome. 500T is one-trick-pony really, sounds amazing when playing hi-gain. 496R has a really FAT tone for lead work, and also for clean/semi-distorded sound. Tons of sustain too!

There is no point trying to compare, as they are different instruments, really! But i can honestly say that Gibson is more suitable for what i play with my band.

Can't wait to use it on a recording!

solid trade, for sure

not only did you get another top-quality guitar of similar value, but traded into something that's also pretty versatile

I also think it is a solid trade.
Really happy with the guitar, it will be my main axe for years to come!
Not as heavy as i expected it to be, by the way.

Thank you all for your answers, cheers!