Wow !! Tesla !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I was digging through some older CDs I haven't listened to in a while and came upon "Mechanical Resonance." Holy shit !! I had forgot what a masterpiece that was.... I think I made a post about it maybe a year ago or so. I'm going to post this in the Prog Power and Tad Morose forum too, I think....

Bryant

Damn, Tesla, I've been hearing good of this band forever now, but haven't heard a single song. :oops: ..I guess it's one of those bands I kinda overlooked, wich are their best recordings ??

carnut said:
Damn, Tesla, I've been hearing good of this band forever now, but haven't heard a single song. :oops: ..I guess it's one of those bands I kinda overlooked, wich are their best recordings ??

Their first release "Mechanical Resonance" is absolutely amazing. I could not recommand ANY album over that, considering you have probably heard the 15 or so I think are better than that one as far as best releases of all time.
I am dead serious about that statement. Tesla is more "hard rock" than metal, but their first release that I am talking about is their heaviest, but also most diverse.

Bryant

carnut said:

Like Bryant said, Mechanical Resonance. I like The Great Radio Controversy as much as MR. Five Man Acoustical Jam is pretty good for a live, acoustic disc. Bust a Nut and Into the Now are both pretty good. Psychotic Supper is a step down but still has a coupla pretty good tracks on it.

carnut said:

Like the other guys said Mechanical Resonance, The Great Radio Controversy and BUST A NUT! :D

Great bluesy rock-n-roll band. Carnut if you ever listened to the radio the two songs you were gauranteed to hear where "Love Song" ("Love is all around you, love is knockin' outside your door....) and "Modern Day Cowboy" (It's a showdown, in a no man's land, for the cowboy of the modern day..)

These guys started out playing a bar I used to work at in Sacramento..then they were called "City Kidd",after I moved away I'm drivin around and on the radio comes "Modern Day Cowboy" sung by Tesla...I'm screaming to myself....they made it..they did it!!

It's been a while since I listened to a Tesla CD, I'm still partial to their first release and as they guys have said, the others are damn good as well.

Enjoy!

I love Tesla! One of my favorites. I personally like TGRC more than MR. I don't think there is bad song on it and I probably still listen to that disc at least once a month. The last CD they put out was stellar for a band out of the scene for around 10 years. A couple so-so songs, but otherwise a very good release. More modern sounding, but you could still tell it was Tesla. One of my favorites from last year. All their albums are really good, just good hard rock n' roll. :headbang:

I finally got to see them earlier this year opening for Def Leppard and they were awesome. Blew DL off the stage IMO. I can't wait to see them headlining sometime in the future.

Agreed, that album really is a materpiece. Classic songs, great song writing, great solos, memorable, everything you could ask for in a great album! Very unique band. They lost me a bit further into their catalog but even their albums, The Great Radio Controversy was awesome, Psychotic Supper was half and half for me, Bust a Nut pretty good. Into the Now had a couple keepers but didn't do much for me overall.

kittybeast said:
Great bluesy rock-n-roll band. Carnut if you ever listened to the radio the two songs you were gauranteed to hear where "Love Song" ("Love is all around you, love is knockin' outside your door....) and "Modern Day Cowboy" (It's a showdown, in a no man's land, for the cowboy of the modern day..)

I don't think Tesla made it really to the radio here in Europe... so I really can't imagine those songs...:err:

Just a great hard rock band. Frank Hannon(sp?) one of the guitarists is totally underrated IMO. I've seen them live a number of times and they never fail to disappoint.

Anyone get into their side projects? Sofa King, Frank Hannon Band and I think there is one more but the name escapes me. I have some B sides and rare releases if anyone wants a listen....ya know what to do!

Just have been listening to "Mechanical Resonance" and indeed is a very good record. I love the vocals and guitar work alot !! Was another good vinyl buy :)