slightly off-topic.. Holy Cow !! Tesla !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I am proud to enjoy "oldschool" metal and it's common for me to throw on some Accept and Metal Church etc. quite often but somehow, I let Tesla's "Mechanical Resonance" slip through the cracks and haven't listened to it in.... well years until today. What a freaking masterpiece !! If anyone has it laying around, blow off the dust and stick it in. Probably more "hard rock" than metal, but an absolute brilliant disc. I am getting my ass kicked.

Bryant

I'va always been a big Tesla fan. Mechanical Resonance is still by far their best CD. So many kick ass songs ... "Modern Day Cowboy," "Gettin Better," "2 Late 4 Love," "EZ Come, EZ Go," etc. They're a geat live band also. I actually think their latest, Into the Now could be their best one since their first album, you should check that out. Also every Tesla fan needs to own their acoustic album, Five Man Acoustical Jam. Obviously the "Signs" cover was the big hit but the acoustic version of "Paradise" is worth the price of the CD itself.

Agreed, that album really is a materpiece. Classic songs, great song writing, great solos, memorable, everything you could ask for in a great album! Very unique band. They lost me a bit further into their catalog but even their albums, The Great Radio Controversy was awesome, Psychotic Supper was half and half for me, Bust a Nut pretty good. Into the Now had a couple keepers but didn't do much for me overall.

"You know I'm on a slick trip I'm always ready to Kick Ass, up on the stage I'm in a rage, I'm having the time of my life....what a sweet sweet life it is!"

:headbang:

Andy Laudano said:
Five Man Acoustical Jam. Obviously the "Signs" cover was the big hit but the acoustic version of "Paradise" is worth the price of the CD itself.

I'm pretty sure that version of "Paradise" is also on the "Times Makin Changes" best of. I love Tesla! Just yesterday I looped "Song & Emotion" about 5 times in a row. My favorite album of theirs might be Bust a Nut.

One of my all-time favorite bands. Seen them probably 9 times and they are by far one of the best sounding bands i've ever seen live.

I just recently saw them open for Def Leppard, and they only played a short set, but kicked Leppard's ass. Of course, I can't stand any Leppard post-Pyro, which is what most of their set is made up of, but Tesla rocked hard and I wish they had gotten a longer set.

Force10 said:
That's kind of funny. I saw Tesla open for Def Leppard a mere 18 years ago! They kicked Leppard's ass then!
The best song DL played all night was the opener Action, which is an old song by Sweet.

I saw the open for Great White in Cape Girardeau, MO. Badlands was supposed to be there too, but flew it off to tour with Cinderella. :( They were great. Later I saw them open for somebody else, and they kinda sucked. They sounded fine, but were too into the ballads at that point. I was disappointed. That CD is awesome though.

I got really pissed when I heard somebody on one of the local rock stations here say something like, "...80's hair metal bands like.....Tesla." I thought, "of all the 80's metal bands, Tesla was about the least "hair band" of any of them. Those guys always were just a jeans and t-shirt w/jean jacket kinda band. Just plain rock 'n' roll.

Yeah definitely one of my all time favorites. I have seen them three times this year too, they have been kicking ass since getting back together!!! Ya'll really should check out the new album, its right there with GRC as far as a great album and ass kicking goes, get Into the Now!!!!!!

Bear

lady_space said:
Oh, yes, what a mighty fine album. One of my all-time favorites. Great on disc, great live... damn, I still wish I hadn't had to miss them last year b/c of PP. :/

Shaye

Yeah I would certainly choose PP over tesla, but that does indeed suck. I remember you talking about that now. I love MR and TGRC, but I bought "Psychotic Supper" and it blew chunks. You have talked about "Bust a Nut" from time to time though. Maybe I should check that out and their new one.

Bryant

Force10 said:
That's kind of funny. I saw Tesla open for Def Leppard a mere 18 years ago! They kicked Leppard's ass then!

I saw them open for Ratt supporting the MR tour. They were much better than Ratt vocally. The only problem with Tesla was that one guitar was panned one way and the other panned the other. That sounds great if you are in the center, but pretty bad if you are on the side. I could hear Frank, but Tommy was all but silent. I had to give up a nice spot three rows back to hear them well and get close tyo center. That may be all the soundman, but still..... I have seen local bar bands with better sound mixing. Other than that, they rocked !!

Bryant

I totally agree, and I've done the same thing recently with another band, Tora Tora! Freakin' Surprise Attack album is some kick ass stuff! If you've never heard of them, then check them out.