Holy cow !!! Where has this band all of my life !!!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I am an American so I have to rely on the internet to find the better European bands. Sometimes some of the good ones get by me like Tad Morose and sometimes I get lucky like with Vanden Plas (been a fan since "The God THing".) Anyway... Tad Morose has completely kicked my ass. I have a copy of "Matters of the Dark" a friend sent me and the new one on mp3. Before the week is over with, I will order both of them as well as "Undead." The band rocks. The band sounds modern but also gives me an oldschool vibe like Metal Church or Accept.
Urban Breed is an incredible vocalist and has as much power as I have ever heard as well as having an arsenal of deliveries at his disposal. Sometimes he sounds a bit like Mike Howe (Metal Church II) sometimes Tony Martin (Sabbath) sometimes even Jon Oliva (On Matters of the Dark title cut.) The band is also a high quality outfit. Morel is a very talented drummer. I can't praise this band enough. I will be going to Prog Power V and seeing Tad Morose. All I can say is the other bands better put on a great show to compete with this band's material.

Bryant

P.S. What's up fangface ? Good to see you in another forum. I saw a post here by you. You have good tatse my French brother.

Hellcome to the board! Always good to see new faces here. Did Flo (fangface) encourage you to check them out? In that case: well done, Flo! ;)
Btw, Peter's surname is Morén, not Morel.
Oh...and is the Vanden Plas board still as empty as it used to be?

Lol, I hear you Bryant! Tad Morose was just a name to me until a few years ago. Then a friend sent me a link to a site with an mp3 on it and I went :OMG: If you want help finding some more cool bands click my website link icon, I have a bunch of them in the reviews part of my site. :wave: Its always nice to see a new face here, the board needs to get more talky :heh:

Urban does sound kind of like Jon Oliva sometimes, he rocks. They really went straight through the top of my headbangometer with Modus Vivendi. :)

Gaunerin said:
Hellcome to the board! Always good to see new faces here. Did Flo (fangface) encourage you to check them out? In that case: well done, Flo! ;)
Btw, Peter's surname is Morén, not Morel.
Oh...and is the Vanden Plas board still as empty as it used to be?
Sorry about the misnomer as I am fairly new to the band. Actually Flo did not ask me to check them out. A buddy from a Queensryche newsgroup who also posts at the PP site here on UM (General Zod) sent me their disc a while back and I finally got around to playing it.
The Vanden Plas message board is slow as usual, but it comes in spurts. It's really ashamed considering the guys in the band (mostly Stephan and Andreas) post there often and answer questions for the fans, but BD did come out in 2002 so the fact they are due for a release doesn't help things much. : /

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Lol, I hear you Bryant! Tad Morose was just a name to me until a few years ago. Then a friend sent me a link to a site with an mp3 on it and I went If you want help finding some more cool bands click my website link icon, I have a bunch of them in the reviews part of my site. :wave: Its always nice to see a new face here, the board needs to get more talky :heh:

Urban does sound kind of like Jon Oliva sometimes, he rocks. They really went straight through the top of my headbangometer with Modus Vivendi. :)
I will check that out when I get some time thanks. I'm not one of those people that get five CDs a week as with my listeing style I can't digest that much music, but I get around pretty well and have listened to a lot of bands. To be honest, the name "Tad Morose" sounds like a person not a band so maybe that's why I never thought much about trying them out. Then again that trick worked for Pink Floyd, though I personally have never met anyone named Pink. >:p~

Bryant

Gaunerin said:
no, actually I've only encouraged him to get all the other Tad Morose releases eheh ;)
There's a post about the band in the old-school forum, where I dwell.
by the way.... welcome Bryant! nice to see you there :headbang:

Thanks for the warm welcome Fang (Flo.) I will get the last three to start with, but with PPV creeping up I have to digest quite a few bands. The only band I am real familiar with from that line-up is Dreamscape. Less Kamelot and POS (which I simply don't like) I need to digest a bunch of music in a few months. : /

Bryant

Bryant said:
Thanks for the warm welcome Fang (Flo.) I will get the last three to start with, but with PPV creeping up I have to digest quite a few bands. The only band I am real familiar with from that line-up is Dreamscape. Less Kamelot and POS (which I simply don't like) I need to digest a bunch of music in a few months. : /

Bryant
Oh, c'mon! Kamelot isn't bad. PoS I just don't get though.:loco:

I went to order Modus Vivendi last night from The End, but they were all out now. :yell:

As for the Vanden Plas board, its about to get a huge makeover. I've seen the final product and it looks good. Faroffgrace.com is getting a whole new look too. :headbang:

I just recently got into Tad Morose myself and I agree where has this band been all my life. MODUS VIVENDI just kills. I listen to it almost everyday. It is such a kilelr disc and every song rules. "Clearly Insane" is my definite favorite. I have to buy more albums form these guys now. I am hoping to get a ticket and see them at Prog Power 5.

I just joined the forum, but have been a TM fan for years. I love every album! They just get better and better. I think Christer is one of the best guitarists in what I like to call the "New Wave Of European Heavy Metal" (along with Alexi Laiho and Gus G.). I've communicated with Urban in the past (if he remembers the Pittsburgh Metal Alliance) and it's great that he is such a cool and down-to-Earth guy. TM rules! Thanks for the great music, keep it comin', and I hope to see you tour America at some point. How about a live DVD someday soon :-D ?
If any TM fans from Europe want to talk about metal, feel free to email me!

Billy A

Thanks for all the "hellos" and "welcomes"! It's nice to be here, with people who appreciate and understand what great music is!

Winters, nice to meet you as well. To answer your question, yes, I'm a very big fan of Queensryche. I like all their stuff, but especially the Warning/Rage/Mindcrime era.

By the way, in my first post up there, I said if any TM fans from Europe want to talk metal, feel free to email me. Let me restate what I said. I didn't mean to exclude the rest of the world, so that applies to any TM fans from anywhere on Earth (or any other planet..haha)

Billy A

Snowmaker said:
Oh, c'mon! Kamelot isn't bad. PoS I just don't get though.:loco:

I went to order Modus Vivendi last night from The End, but they were all out now. :yell:

As for the Vanden Plas board, its about to get a huge makeover. I've seen the final product and it looks good. Faroffgrace.com is getting a whole new look too. :headbang:
I don't "hate" Kamelot by any means, but as some people really like Khan's voice, I do not. I just ordered MV and Undead from the Century Media website for twelve bucks each. ^___^

Bryant

Urban breed said:
I remember both you and the alliance. Hope all is well ...and I'm glad to see you post here. :)

Thanks Urban! Glad to be here. It's cool you remember the Alliance. Hard to believe it's already been 6 years since I formed and then disbanded it!

I saw something in an interview where you were talking about it being somewhat frustrating for the band to have been around for a while, but maybe not getting the proper recognition it deserves.

I agree. But unfortunately, it seems that in music, many of the most talented bands don't get that recognition, and play small clubs, while the pop stars who can't play any instruments, or write their own songs, sell out 20,000 seat arenas. It definitely doesn't make sense.

Just know that the fans you have are the most true fans, and we recognize great music/metal when we hear it. Also, being an American, I know more than anyone how bad the "real" metal scene is here, but trust me, you do have many fans in the USA. It's actually kind of cool to have the good metal being in the underground scene, but I do wish the European bands would get to tour here more regularly.

One last thing. The new cover songs are all great, but I love the ABBA tune. To hear Urban singing ABBA lyrics is just too cool!

Sorry for the long post everyone. But thanks for letting me get all that off my chest.

Billy A

rage4order said:
I saw something in an interview where you were talking about it being somewhat frustrating for the band to have been around for a while, but maybe not getting the proper recognition it deserves.

I agree. But unfortunately, it seems that in music, many of the most talented bands don't get that recognition, and play small clubs, while the pop stars who can't play any instruments, or write their own songs, sell out 20,000 seat arenas. It definitely doesn't make sense.

Just know that the fans you have are the most true fans, and we recognize great music/metal when we hear it. Also, being an American, I know more than anyone how bad the "real" metal scene is here, but trust me, you do have many fans in the USA. It's actually kind of cool to have the good metal being in the underground scene, but I do wish the European bands would get to tour here more regularly.

Ohhh Don't get me started on how much I LOATHE how the music scene here ignores the good bands and instead plays junk! :puke:

rage4order said:
Sorry for the long post everyone. But thanks for letting me get all that off my chest.

Billy A
I don't think anyone minds, express yourself! :D