WoW!!

I'm taking a break at the moment, going back in (i.e. paying for another month) before my in-game mail expires. End of the month or tonight.

We are talking about Spinebreaker here.

I value my social life, so I stopped. :(

Actually, I really really hate the community, which is the main reason why I stopped. Maybe it could work if I only got to play with a bunch of trusted friends/on line acquaintances, but I'm bored with all content - except endgame - and I can't hope to gather enough people to farm Blackwing Lair.

@rahv: what's wrong with the community? please give me a simple answer because i know fuck all about the game and might easily get confused. :)

hyena said:
@rahv: what's wrong with the community? please give me a simple answer because i know fuck all about the game and might easily get confused. :)

Most of the players are 13/16-year-old Internet illiterates: they don't play for fun or even for the group to succeed. They're an endless supply of catchphrases and - what's worse - asshole-ish behavior. Since most of them spend about 15 hours playing each day, you can't put them in their place by being more successful at the game itself, which means that to see some interesting content (powerful bosses, impressive scenarios, challenging battles) you also have to subject yourself to the leadership of obnoxious kids: they disrupt gameplay when they're not in your group through constant breach of netiquette, and they compromise your group's success when they're in it by generally being the most ineffective morons on earth. You can tolerate it for a while, tell yourself you're gonna find the few decent people on your server, but since most of the (end) game consists in repeating the same dungeons over and over in the hope to get a certain item to drop, and you have to be in a pretty big group to do that, well, no videogame is worth spending 2 hours of my day watching 9 out of 10 people screwing up my fun.

Never played WoW although I have played Starcraft a bit recently with my friends. People around me seem to stop with playing the game though. Two of the hardcore gamers in my class ended playing a month ago, one of them had like months of playtime. :O
I´m mostly into strategy, with games like Hearts of Iron and Rome: Total War being my favourites.

I just finished a free 10 day trial period and i got hooked. I don't have the money at the moment to buy a regular account so i just figured i will play another 10 day trial, but the cursed server for trial accounts doesn't work at the moment and i'm going rabid overhere :(

@rahvin: that's why I go solo. Through months of playing I've been only in two-three groups (among people I didn't know from anywhere), who went through the entire dungeon... but yeah, other times it was constant dropouts and stuff... You can always find a decent BIG guild - that's a different story.

rahvin said:
I value my social life, so I stopped. :(

Actually, I really really hate the community, which is the main reason why I stopped. Maybe it could work if I only got to play with a bunch of trusted friends/on line acquaintances, but I'm bored with all content - except endgame - and I can't hope to gather enough people to farm Blackwing Lair.

If you dislike WoW community, which is very understandable, you might want to try a more hardcore game, like Everquest back in the past. However this mean you really wont have a social life if you want to be in the end game...but once there, there is no more room for the moron :)