WoW!!

I may have to give WAR a shot, I do love the Warhammer world, then again
there is other games out now or going into beta that I'd like to check too,
LotRO being at the top of them, I've heard good things about it lately, mostly
on the Massively podcast, which anyone into MMOs should check out btw.

Also Runes of Magic seems like an interesting WoW clone that is free to play
and download, they use micro payment system aka you pay for extra stuff
in the game, like faster mounts, more inventory space etc. this might be the
way new games go in the future, micro payment games are huge in Asia atm.

BioWare is going to implement micro-payment system in the forthcoming Star Wars MMORPG - or that's how it's planned for now, still no release date set, so it might change. I'd rather stick to monthly payments, as that fits my style better as I go on playing "binges" from time to time, and somehow I think real money could bring disbalance in game (I'm sure that will be countered by some in-game rules, like you'll have to have something else besides real-world money to buy things, maybe something even except experience, but still).

About WAR - I've got it before Lich King, I had LoTRO installed after it, but they didn't hold me for long, and I still went back to WAR. I hardly follow any in-game lore, but gameplay keeps me hooked.

The next MMORPG I know of I'll try is that BioWare's SW one.

Yeah, I'm waiting for SW: TOR as well, it will be interesting to see how they pull that off,
but tbh I have much more faith in BioWare than I do in Blizzard.

As for micro payments, I think it's a better payment method, as long as it's not how you
get stats and gear and such things that affect your performance. If it's all superficial or
things like inventory space it will be fine and end up cheaper than a monthly fee.

Well, I decided to order LotRO and Mines Of Moria, I'm kinda looking forward to
a new experience and hopefully it won't be too much like WoW, at least it will
have 10000000000 times better storyline, even if it has non, WoW storyline
sucks so badly, even WotLK storyline is so fucking boring. I think in LotRO I
will actually read the quests and try to act a little less like it's a race to level.

Plintus: What server are you on in WAR?

Thedirt, Warrior Priest (22-22R) on Praag, gave up Destro character (20+ Maraudeur) since WPs were undefeatable in scenarios.

Got full Obliterator gear and completed T2 for Dwarves (nothing else was that interesting in terms of rewards), leveling in scenarios now with occasional traveling.

40's on the server got to Maw on Friday, but I was too low, so had to leave while I was on my way there.

I have a level 11 KotBS on Praag,but my main is a 35 Chosen on Sylvania. Maybe I should Level my knight a bit and be your WAR buddy :p. I started out with a WP but soon lost interest b/c I hate healing people.

I have a level 11 KotBS on Praag,but my main is a 35 Chosen on Sylvania. Maybe I should Level my knight a bit and be your WAR buddy :p. I started out with a WP but soon lost interest b/c I hate healing people.

I never played a healing class succesfully brefore, but playing AGAINST WPs in scenarios was utterly painful, so I decided to switch (I played a Shadow Warrior before, and it was meh compared to WoW Hunter).

Plus WPs are like paladins, and you can go path of fury (or whatever that thing is called), which isn't that much of a healing. And you don't have to switch stance for that (like maradeurs have to for some abilities). A funny thing - you get RPs for healing people (!) Or at least that how I got that =)

I'm currently searching for a guild which does oRvR and all the cool stuff, but I wan to hit at least 30 to move forward. Knights of Blazing Sun are pretty good tanks, but I think Orcs owns in terms of that - it's really hard to take one down compared to Chosen (I'd say White Lions are best tanking class for Order).

So yeah, if you feel like it - we can sex up some time :D Maybe within the same guild, as it's really hard to find a group at random times of a day.

There was a server push towards Inevitable City in WAR last night.

It was fucking epic - I'm too low (31/40), but looked like EVERYONE was rushing towards just to get piece of that =) Level limit is 37, all lower levels get teleported away if you get into a City zone, so 40s (highest level) can fight. I didn't stay up till moring to find out what happened, but I'm going to check on that tonight: 2/3 fortresses defending IC have fallen.

WAR is fun =)