WoW!!

Hah, funny how I never even bothered to open this thread before.

Anyway, I just got into WoW, signed up for a brand new server and it has been fun so far, I just made my first full Kara run last night and my guildies will get mad at me for missing Tempest Keep today (still trying to retain my life), all the gear I'm getting will probably be useless in wotl but what the hell, it's been fun.

You can have a peek at my poor man's hunter here :p
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drakkari&n=Vhagar

You "just" got into wow and have 5k honor kills. Everything is relative...
Nice gear for your first char :)

I have 7 lvl 70s and 6 of them with epic flying mount.

Will probably level my warrior as fury first and then my druid as balance.

Dual talent specs will rule!

Love my new death knight. DKs are the reason they re-worked the entire stat system, in my opinion.

I've got instantly bored with it.

Called my Knight Imilktaurens, and when I checked the book (lying around near the forge in the very beginning), it was saying "Imilktaurens needs more cowbell". I was - WTF?

Gears of War 2 online all the way.

I didn't get Wrath until today. Spent the first 15 minutes on my main, handing in 25 dailies that I'd completed previously for a "free" 300k xp, then spent an hour touring the Fjord. It's rather nice so far. Then I created a DK just before logging off, and I'll probably leave him to accumulate some rest while I play around with Northrend.

I didn't get Wrath until today. Spent the first 15 minutes on my main, handing in 25 dailies that I'd completed previously for a "free" 300k xp, then spent an hour touring the Fjord. It's rather nice so far. Then I created a DK just before logging off, and I'll probably leave him to accumulate some rest while I play around with Northrend.

I got addicted to the starting DK quests. They are a ton of fun. Also owned more than a few horde in Arathi Basin at level 58 as well, which is unusual since the horde usual wtfpwn Alliance noobs.

I'll be picking WoW up again pretty soon. My girlfriend will be joining me. Is anyone here interested in starting anew on a US PvE server (Exodar, possibly)? All I know is my main will again be a warlock. I can't promise ceaseless raiding but I can promise fun. We're fun.

I wish I could join you, but I think WoW is a horrible game.

I'll be picking WoW up again pretty soon. My girlfriend will be joining me. Is anyone here interested in starting anew on a US PvE server (Exodar, possibly)? All I know is my main will again be a warlock. I can't promise ceaseless raiding but I can promise fun. We're fun.

Come to Mok'nathal where I'm at. My main's name is Mujahadeen and I help lead a guild called Alliance of the Steadfast.

We could always use more DT fans!

Why a US server, did I miss something?

I've seen a lot of complaints about long queues and wait times to get onto US servers, whereas European servers have been fine. It made me laugh.

@Matse: it's not, provided you know what's fun for you. Lots of players don't, in my opinion.

@anita_job: thanks, we'll consider it! :)

@Rusty: you didn't miss anything, but I'm unfreezing my old account because I don't want to buy another key, and it's US based since I bought it there... If you wanna join I'll get you a copy of the game from a whole other continent free of charge, just to play with you. ;)

Edit: as for queues, I've never had any problems. Ping time is also perfectly normal.

@Rusty: you didn't miss anything, but I'm unfreezing my old account because I don't want to buy another key, and it's US based since I bought it there... If you wanna join I'll get you a copy of the game from a whole other continent free of charge, just to play with you. ;)
Tempting though it is, I can't really justify paying for a second account. :/ I guess we'll just have to continue imagining what it's like to play with each other.

I think that one commercial with that Sopranos dude is pretty accurate, for me at least.

So I'm back in, leveling my rogue, who is now starting Outland at lvl 64 (Following Jame's
Horde Leveling Guides from wow-pro.com), tho I did some instances there already, I'm
thinking of using the leveling guides until I hit 70, then hitting Northrend and leveling to
80 for flying mounts and whatnot... but then again I might grind for that Nether drake.

I already leveled a DK to 80 and found him boring as fuck, so he's now sitting in Dalaran
wondering if I'll ever play him again, the answer is no, except to make money I guess.
I find the fact that they start at 55 a bad thing, they have no professions and grinding
that shit alone until the higher levels is boring, I like doing it along with the level. My
rogue as an example is 318 Mining, 375 skinning and 307 lockpicking and he's only 64 and
haven't done a single Outland quest even (he will be switching to BS/LW once I have
gathered the mats to level them to 450 in one go :D ... no, I don't ask much of myself).

Also I have no fucking idea where the DK fits in the raids... not that it matters since
these days every class can do every job, don't you just love it that the hybrids don't
have to make any sacrifice to be as efficient as a tank as a warrior or as good of a
healer as a priest and so on.
I thought the idea was that being a hybrid is being a Jack Of All Trades, but master of non.

My main is a rogue, and it's pretty annoying running the Northrend instances. Everything is about AOE these days, and it's not a great deal of fun to be stabbing away at one target while everyone else is kicking seven types of arse. Oh sure if you're Combat you can BF+KS... once every 2 minutes. And at 80 you get FoK... once every 10 seconds. And yes, the FoK cooldown is getting removed next patch and buffed for use with daggers, but at 60 energy you can use it twice at the start of a pull and then it's just back to single target stabby-stabby. But having minimal AOE along with the age-old minimal raid utility would be fine if rogues were still wtfpwn on single target boss fights, but we're not even that any more, which makes me wonder whether rogues might be the least useful class atm (okay, I know warlocks are pretty unhappy too, or at least the few of them that haven't switched to DKs anyway). I've certainly seen very few doing level 80 instances and heroics, and the rogue is the least represented class in my guild. Luckily, the mut rotation is just about fun enough to keep me playing my rogue as my main, even though I'm probably more looking forward to raiding on my resto druid...

I know what you mean Rusty, I'm still not sure if I'll be going more PvP until they fix
the rogue issues or if I'll just get bored and level my mage again :)

In any case, all classes whine, I don't see anything else on their respective forums,
so if we were to fix all the whine, all the classes would end up the same... which is
how they seem to be getting right now anyway.

And as Denis Leary said:
"I'm not happy. I'm not happy." Nobody's happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks.
It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second orgasm. That's it, ok! You cum,
you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go
to fucking work, ok!?

BTW: Updated patch 3.0.8. notes.

I'm quite happy with WAR though :D

Keeps me hooked, and I hardly do any PvE at all - just oRvR and scenarios (PvP), way more fun than anything I played in WoW. And experience is quite rewarding - nice drops, good teamwork most of time, usually fewer morons. WAR is a game I didn't care about till it came out, and it's been nothing but awesome since.

I think I'm done with WoW for good.

I may have to give WAR a shot, I do love the Warhammer world, then again
there is other games out now or going into beta that I'd like to check too,
LotRO being at the top of them, I've heard good things about it lately, mostly
on the Massively podcast, which anyone into MMOs should check out btw.

Also Runes of Magic seems like an interesting WoW clone that is free to play
and download, they use micro payment system aka you pay for extra stuff
in the game, like faster mounts, more inventory space etc. this might be the
way new games go in the future, micro payment games are huge in Asia atm.