WoW!!

That sounds too complicated. If i am to forfeit every human activity, i want it to be exactly like that, every human activity. I want to be reduced to amoeba level activity, and creating accounts will only result in grey matter activity.

Then WOW is your wildest dreams in a videogame shape, since absorbing time and focusing your whole existence on leveling up and/or obtaining purple objects is what the game provides.

And since Rahvin left the game before the expansion set came out, he knows little about the new features, which makes the top level players (level 70 up till now) waste an enormous amount of time, never seen on the original game: while you had to raid instances and play player vs. player scenarios to make your character stronger, now you have to play normal pvp, play the new pvp arenas feature, raid instances in party of 5 players, raid instances in party of 5 members in heroic mode (yeah, that's right), raid instances of 10 members, raid instances of 25 members. And repeat them over and over in order to achieve to be right in the place where the boss drops YOUR object and your dices roll well.

And when I say "over and over", I can't stress it enough.

Errr... I left the game one week ago... and now I live!!!

|ng.

Errr... I left the game one week ago... and now I live!!!

Fucking addicts... make it sound like fucking evil.

WoW is the best MMORPG ever, and prolly the best game ever made after all, the best thing is - it never ends.

I'm coming back with teh new expantion, making gold in real life so far.

Don't play as much as i used to, mainly as most people I know have left.
Got a full epic shadowpriest, 11k HP with +1114 spell damage.
Up to Vashj in SSC and done first 2 bosses in the eye.

The game is just too easy now-a-days and so monotonous, feel the need to find something else as a time-sink. Will never be as good as when it 1st came out and everyone didn't look like PowerRangers or something!

Pug

What's RAP again?

No deadzone means I can shoot my bow at point blank range?

I actually patched WoW a few days ago, so I've seen that, but I really have no time for WoW for now :-/ I can't even get an Orange Box yet =)

Ranged Attack Power. And yeah, you can shoot your bow from 1 meter away and further. (I guess no closer than that.)

Yeah, I haven't been playing it much recently either, but the next patch looks huge, so I figured I'd check it out. It probably won't hit until mid-November anyway.

~kov.

This is the first time I'm reading this thread so I'm a a bit behind. All of my characters are on Argent Dawn at the moment. Highest level I have is only a lvl 39 night-elf rogue. I like starting new characters a lot, so I don't get very far with any of them.... and I don't play a whole lot, just an hour or 2 here or there. Some folks at work play, so we have a work guild which is a good time.

Who is pre-ordering Wrath of the Lich King?

Pre-ordered Collector's Edition this Tuesday (as official release date and box details were announced the day before), getting Warhammer Online for now.

I think my account has been hacked or something, but I didn't play for very long now :zombie:

Hah, funny how I never even bothered to open this thread before.

Anyway, I just got into WoW, signed up for a brand new server and it has been fun so far, I just made my first full Kara run last night and my guildies will get mad at me for missing Tempest Keep today (still trying to retain my life), all the gear I'm getting will probably be useless in wotl but what the hell, it's been fun.

You can have a peek at my poor man's hunter here :p
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drakkari&n=Vhagar

Is no one else put off by the ridiculous class homogenisation and general dumbing down that WotLK is bringing? I think it's terrible that a lot of classes/specs are losing what made them unique, which is the main reason I'm moving to either WAR or LotRO (as a GW nerd I really want to try WAR but I know people who play LotRO and I'm something of a LotR nerd too, so I can't decide which yet).

On the other hand, if something like this is implemented into a content patch after WotLK, I might be back after all. Provided the rewards are scaled appropriately (i.e. definitely nothing better than drops from lvl 80 heroic bosses), the difficulty scales with team rating, and there is some daily/weekly cap on kills or attempts or both, I think it'd be corking stuff. Hell I'd do it without any rewards anyway, I'd just like a chance to see some of the old bosses without having to piss about clearing trash.

I dug up Shadows of Angmar last night, surprisingly, it was still packed, so once I get bored again (or if Mines of Moria expansion is cool enough) - I'll get right to that.

For now it's just WAR - never was a fan (I'm not familiar with the universe, now I quite like it that I'm playing), but it's quite addictive with all the PvP; WoW became a more casual thing these days.

After all, hunter isn't that much fun to play - I used to pick ranged attack classes since I started playing RPGs of all different kinds, but never liked being a mage or a tank, now WAR has changed that: it's so much fun to play melee class - I'm playing as Chaos' Maraudeur, much more fun than Shadow Warrior for High Elves. Last night my lvl13 Maraudeur took on lvl19 Shadow Warrior, pretty much one-on-one, wasn't such a big problem at all.

WAR is fun.

Is no one else put off by the ridiculous class homogenisation and general dumbing down that WotLK is bringing? I think it's terrible that a lot of classes/specs are losing what made them unique, which is the main reason I'm moving to either WAR or LotRO (as a GW nerd I really want to try WAR but I know people who play LotRO and I'm something of a LotR nerd too, so I can't decide which yet).

Well, retribution paladins and balance druids are getting a big leg up with the changes - the former were nerfed so badly that no one wanted them anymore, while balance druids had to collect two or three different sets of gear because of the (overly) complicated stat system they used to have.

Also, it's a good thing that they are evening out the ability of tanks to pull and hold group aggro. Whereas protection paladins had a huge advantage over feral druids and warriors in getting group aggro, now the playing field will be more level, which I think is fair.

Lastly, the addition of the Death Knight hero class will be a great addition to the game.