Wrath's adventures at the record fair

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Had a very expensive and enjoyable day on Sunday, surrounded as I was by more import and bootleg CDs than I could count. Saw loads of collectible Maiden picture discs (including the shaped pressing of Can I Play With Madness) and just about every KISS album on vinyl. Thank the gods I don't have a turntable or I'd be even poorer by now :).
I went home with Sabbath's Dehumaniser, Alice's Last Temptation and Dream Theatre's Scenes From A Memory- all of which are brilliant!
To Duellist and DaveAce, or any of you who might be heading to Adelaide in the months to come, the next fair is on Nov 4th. Maybe I'll see some of you there?
For more info, check out www.cdfairs.musicdot.com

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
I went home with Sabbath's Dehumaniser, Alice's Last Temptation and Dream Theatre's Scenes From A Memory- all of which are brilliant!

(it's 'theater')

Spiff
Resident pedant

Point taken Spiff, but the way DT spells their name is Americanised and therefore wrong :p.

I know someone who once failed a drama exam because she spelt "theatre" properly and the idiot lecturer disagreed.

Either way, brilliant album innit?

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Point taken Spiff, but the way DT spells their name is Americanised and therefore wrong :p.

I know someone who once failed a drama exam because she spelt "theatre" properly and the idiot lecturer disagreed.

Either way, brilliant album innit?

W

Ah, but back when I used to be on the Dream Theater mailing list (Ytse Jam) newbies would often be chastised for saying 'Theatre' instead of 'Theater', and I'm sure quite a few of these would be Americans.

I suppose it's the same as people referring to bands such as Megadeath and (although I haven't actually seen it happen) Def Leppard and the Beetles.

Scenes From a Memory is great, but I wouldn't call it brilliant... I dunno, I'm just not that big a fan of the band anymore. I used to think they were the bee's knees, but I've become a bit bored with their recent stuff - I think "Once In A Livetime" may have caused a bit of damage to my opinion of them (it was one of the most disappointing live albums I've heard, thanks mainly to the performance of James LaBrie).

Originally posted by Spiff

I suppose it's the same as people referring to bands such as Megadeath and (although I haven't actually seen it happen) Def Leppard and the Beetles.

What do you mean Def Leppard? That is how you spell it lol.

Originally posted by Spiff

On my Megadeth video, Rusted Pieces, they have spelt Megadeath. :p
(on the label on the side of the cassette)