Wreath

all_sins_undone

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
I don't understand the negativity around this song. Can anyone explain it? It's actually one of my favorites.

exposeenmity said:
I didn't even know that there was 'negativity' around that song. Could you elabirate a little?

People think it's boring/repetitive. I can't figure out why. I think it's an awesome song, first riff is amazing, and its a great song to kick off an album.

The palm muted riff in the middle gets a little repetetive. If they would have shortened it by 16 bars or so it would have been better. That's my only gripe about it.

It's a great song in my opinion but it still doesn't get much listening from me.
Damn Mike does a mad scream for the last riff on the Lamentations documentary! :loco: I wonder why it's not on the album.

It's an awful song!

Ok, I guess my login unmasks my sarcasm ;) I think it's an outstanding song but it's among the (if not TEH) heaviest from Opeth, maybe it's too much for Morningrise-followers ;)

My personal favourite song, I love it. Mike's vocals are fucking great, and the atmosphere is top-notch.

I submit to Wreath!
It's a kickass song but it just took me a few listenings to realize how good it
is. I really enjoy that it's one of the heaviest songs - in my opinion - and that
I still like it so much! I usually want mellow interludes, acoustic breaks and
stuff like that. I think this song only has one tiny interlude and that's a short
break with evil wind, percussion and guitar sounds! Another thing to dig are the
solos in this piece and how they make it intresting without acoustic parts!
Outstanding!

I think most people really overlook the greatness of not only Wreath but Deliverance as a whole. Many compare it to MAYH and complain that it is too stripped-down and doesn't have enough atmoshpere, but I think the bare-bones kind of sound works great. The whole album is amazing, and maybe even better than Blackwater Park. It's very very emotional