WTF are you listening to?

I have one Chaos Moon album and listen to it about once a year.

I always go "this is good!" but never remember what it sounds like!

hey im attempting to listen to porcupine tree again, we'll se how it goes

i tried em like fifteen or twenty years ago and back then it didnt go great

but now i have a lot higher tolerance for prog bullshit. wish me luck. at least i know they have great production and mastering, thank fuck.

but now i have a lot higher tolerance for prog bullshit. wish me luck. at least i know they have great production and mastering, thank fuck.

I enjoyed 3 of their mid period albums. Signify, Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun. It was just good chill music to have on in the background or during work.

Why didnt anyone tell me Chaos Moon is the cats ass?

I was huge into 'Languor Into Echoes, Beyond' album back in 2007--I remember plugging the shit out of that album on this forum (you should check that one out, it's good!)--I think that dude ars manga that used to post here released that album.

I would say to get a sense of their older stuff, check out the 'stars die: the delirium years' for everything up to 1997. After that, like J and ellestin said, stupid dream/light bulb sun [Russia on ice], and I think there is also some awesome tracks on 'In Absentia' [trains is an awesome track, prodigal, heart attack in a layby--the outro to the latter is so good) --

There are some great tracks on his solo project 'hand cannot erase' (good mix of the more poppy stuff with the proggy)---so new modern erik might enjoy that too;)

EDIT: I think the wilson/akerfeldt bromance helped porcupine tree on 'in absentia' more so than wilson's influence on BWP-

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I was huge into 'Languor Into Echoes, Beyond' album back in 2007--I remember plugging the shit out of that album on this forum (you should check that one out, it's good!)--I think that dude ars manga that used to post here released that album.

Yeah, Ars Magna released one of them and a split i think. Im loving Resurrection Extract, Amissum, and Eschaton Memoire

I will check that out when I get home. Probably not safe for work. I will get weird looks.

Right now, playing the Redux albums from Magnetic Eye's bandcamp.

for whatever reason i was reading the marketing copy for "ashes against the grain" and it had john haughm namedropping thule "natt" as an influence and i was like "huh what is this and why have i never tried listening to it"

turns out thule is a norwegian prog/goth rock band from the northernmost town in the mainland of norway, honningsvåg (population around 2500). active from about 1987-1997. super limited and obscure releases.

someone in the youtube comments described it as king crimson meets the cure with a slight metal twist. i am sure there are a few people on this board who might need a change of panties after reading that.

shit gets real by the second song