WTF are you listening to?

Cannibal Corpse - Festering in the Crypt

:headbang:

I used to have the 15 Year Killing Spree box set and a few albums. I really liked The Bleeding and I thought the couple of Corpsegrinder CDs I had were pretty good. I'm very interested in the Barnes-era records but their album art and lyrics has ALWAYS turned my stomach. I've been reading some interviews where both vocalists basically affirm being non-violent, life-loving guys and that these are horror stories meant to make you think about the messed up things that can happen in life but damn, whenever I look at the lyrics I just feel ill. I don't really care for horror movies though (especially the slasher flick stuff) and I've always been grossed out by gory anything (not to mention stuff like necrophilia which is even more disgusting). I was wondering how people coming from different perspectives think about these kinds of lyrics and imagery in Metal and reconcile it with whatever your beliefs/values are because I imagine that none of us are sociopathic serial killers regardless of where we're coming from :lol:

Yeah, I've always thought of them as horror/gore movie kinda stuff for sure. While Barnes seems be a bit of a prick, Corpsegrinder seems like the dorkiest nice dude ever, so can't really take it seriously, haha. He's one hell of a vocalist though!

I've always rooted for Barnes tbh. I interviewed him in 2005 and he was really cool to me. Already by that time people were trashing SFU (and often just because it was the popular thing to do), but I love the first two albums and they have intermittent good stuff mixed in later on. Fisher seems like a genuinely nice dude.

@DarkGift ... Hollyshit... that is ass-kicking... I see your current band is Within The Fall, I really like the sound and the music score is very dynamic.

I will add it to the playlist. We do Radio on Twitter Spaces. I see your band doesn't have a Twitter account, you should open one.

Greetings from Canada.

Reactions: DarkGift
@DarkGift Cool... I start to follow you from my personal and the @3_dosis TW account. If you open an account for Within The Fall let me know and we can mention your band.

Greetings,

Ajmaq.

-listening Now: Gadu - Colombia

Reactions: DarkGift
Listening Now to one of the craziest cover versions ever: Summernight city

Therion- version:

Original Version - ABBA lol :