WTF Babymetal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, a lot's been going on in this thread while I've been gone. Well, now that I'm finally back...

It must be clear by now that they are not just a gimmick as some might have thought them to be, Babymetal have been on the scene for more than 5 yrs now and growing. They are definitely metal, shit/crappy metal to some but can't be anything otherwise imo. I think in case of some metalheads there's a fear deep down or some delusion that if they start listening to sub genres like babymetal, they might get pulled away from the metal music they usually listen to. But they have to realize that once you like Metal music you are its fan forever and there's no way someone or something's gonna take it away from you. Now that like Babymetal doesn't mean that I am gonna stop listening to Meshuggah, Gojira, Megadeth, Pantera,Insomnium, Belakor,KMFDM or any other Metal bands I love. And for the haters I want to say that Babymetal gonna rise much higher than what they have achieved till date, so just look away and concentrate on what you love listening to.

Why would anybody fear being pulled away? Most metal fans I know personally listen to all kinds of music. You're trying to defend Babymetal by making false or at very least unverified claims about people, which already shows that deep inside you know Babymetal is crap, you just can't come to terms with liking it. Or you feel like your taste in music needs to be validated by people on a fucking forum. I listen to Uehara and Scofield occasionally, I fucking love Rammstein and I sing along to "What is love" with my wife when we go on family trips. Who the fuck cares.

Also, I've shown this to my mom in the meantime, as we talk about music a lot. She's not a fan of harder genres and my experience with Babymetal is that it is "metal" for people who don't really like metal. And my mom's reaction? She hates that everything is choreographed and that the emotion and acting is so fake and "artificial", it's just annoying. And I think that's also one of the reasons why I hate it so much. Metal, to me, is supposed to have a rough edge. Not in the meaning of sloppy musicianship, but the delivery of the song. There is nothing tamer and more bland than 3 teenage girls doing a choreographed pop dance about chocolate without any real emotion. I'll take headbanging or Tagtgren's paralyzed face expression any day over that shit.

Damn, a lot's been going on in this thread while I've been gone. Well, now that I'm finally back...

Why would anybody fear being pulled away? Most metal fans I know personally listen to all kinds of music. You're trying to defend Babymetal by making false or at very least unverified claims about people, which already shows that deep inside you know Babymetal is crap, you just can't come to terms with liking it. Or you feel like your taste in music needs to be validated by people on a fucking forum. I listen to Uehara and Scofield occasionally, I fucking love Rammstein and I sing along to "What is love" with my wife when we go on family trips. Who the fuck cares.

Also, I've shown this to my mom in the meantime, as we talk about music a lot. She's not a fan of harder genres and my experience with Babymetal is that it is "metal" for people who don't really like metal. And my mom's reaction? She hates that everything is choreographed and that the emotion and acting is so fake and "artificial", it's just annoying. And I think that's also one of the reasons why I hate it so much. Metal, to me, is supposed to have a rough edge. Not in the meaning of sloppy musicianship, but the delivery of the song. There is nothing tamer and more bland than 3 teenage girls doing a choreographed pop dance about chocolate without any real emotion. I'll take headbanging or Tagtgren's paralyzed face expression any day over that shit.

Nice post about your mom. How does she like choreographed and emotionless cock?

kvlt status confirmed

CkRhb5UWUAAnbgH.jpg

Saw Babymetal live during a festival recently. Caught myself staring at the ground and checking out my sneakers while waiting for them to finish their show. Some drunk dudes decided to crowd surf in a crowd made up mostly of girls and weeaboo's. Dropped a 200+ lbs guy on a tiny girl next to me, crushing her. Most metal thing to happen during the whole show (jokes aside, I hope she's OK, poor thing). The only redeeming factor was the quality musicianship of the band and the fact that it was a well prepared performance, although it wasn't as super polished as some videos led me to believe it was.

Also, this guy:

20160603_163715e.jpg

EDIT: Nothing says metal like wearing a Pikachu fucking another Pikachu up the ass on your head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.