WTF Babymetal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you defend it to the same degree that I'm ridiculing it?

Yeah I think you're projecting some kind of bullshit that doesn't fit us. Well, me at the least.
I'm not even a little bit outraged, I didn't start a Babymetal thread in order to complain, I merely found one and talked some shit. This is the internet, fuckboi.

Ironically, your pre-teen angst response is exactly the type of stuff I'm referring to.

I actually think it's really funny just how outraged some metal heads are getting over Babymetal.
We're talking "cerebral hemorrhage, blood-bursting veins, combusting on the spot" type angry.

Really?
REALLY???

Roll a fat ass blunt and kick back folks.
I'm totally outraged. It's an outrage and I'm very outraged.

This 'fat ass blunt' isn't making me want to listen to Babymetal.

I actually think it's really funny just how outraged some metal heads are getting over Babymetal.
We're talking "cerebral hemorrhage, blood-bursting veins, combusting on the spot" type angry.

I'll take things that never happened for $1000.

They all have identical fringe hairstyles. I'm fixated on that aspect. But Jess (of the Ancient Ones) wears it better:

Heh I love Jess. I wish her second album sounded better though. The debut and following eps had me over expecting, I think. Prayer For Death and Fire and Come Crimson Death are psychedelic magic though.

Reactions: CiG
I read this entire thread, what a virus.

Baby metal sucks and I like how homeboy is trying to justify them by posting pictures of them posing with metal bands. Who cares, their music isn't good. if you make music I'm judging you by your music not by your dancing skills or stage antics.

Also I agree with Cassette here. They look 12 years old and I think they are just being marketed to pervy men who like 12 year old Asians. Pretty gross. Okay be cute that sells but be a musician first and foremost that actually lasts.

there is an actual band too you know

check out this sick instrumental (shit goes down around 2:14)

not to mention the performance is kvlt as fuck

Last edited:
Reactions: Hubster

I gotta say though, aside from the band being kickass, Su-Metal is an excellent singer. She's getting better as she gets older.

So, basically guitar runs most professional shredders could do in their sleep? Cool.

I dont particularly care for Babymetal, but I think a lot of you are looking at them the wrong way. They may "have a band too", but it is mostly there for the metal aesthetic of what is essentially just a jpop group. Therefore you arent going to see them approach the songwriting and other creative processes like a typical metal band; the music is designed and written by pop producers, and the actual 'band' is just recruited talent like you would find in any other pop group. So right off the bat you have to live with the premise that this is not actually an authentic metal band; this is a pop stage show. Judging their merit based upon the same criteria that you would judge an actual metal band is sort of irrelevant then. They are billed with mainstream metal bands because of their similar aesthetic and feel to metal, not because they are actually a metal band. The group is essentially a gimmick by the jpop labels to exploit the market of the mainstream metal scene. However you need to realize that this is the nature of the pop scene itself (large-scale appeal), and in fact the people involved with these projects are actually passionate about what they do.

Baby metal sucks and I like how homeboy is trying to justify them by posting pictures of them posing with metal bands. Who cares, their music isn't good. if you make music I'm judging you by your music not by your dancing skills or stage antics.

I think it would help to look at them more as a performance act than as a band. Surely this doesnt appeal to the more underground metalhead (like myself and most others here), but this kind of thing is more the antithesis of underground to begin with. Personally id say either enjoy the act for what it is or just ignore it.

Also I agree with Cassette here. They look 12 years old and I think they are just being marketed to pervy men who like 12 year old Asians. Pretty gross. Okay be cute that sells but be a musician first and foremost that actually lasts.

Yea, kind of like the rest of the jpop idol scene. Except id consider Babymetal to be more on the conservative side considering Japanese culture, but surely people not used to their jpop scene will see them as quite a surprise.

Actually just watched this video, and one thing I gotta admit is that those Japanese really do know how to mosh. I mean, just look at that wall of death to circle pit they got going there in the beginning, legit stuff.

Their stage show looks worth seeing at least once. I probably wouldnt go out of my way to go see them, but if they are on the bill id probably see if I can get into it.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Why would you defend it to the same degree that I'm ridiculing it?

Well mainly because being a contrarian gives me a raging hard-on, but also to set it straight that it's not supposed to be an impressive metal band. As EternalMetal pointed out rather poignantly, and which I've failed to successfully thus far, you can't judge a band like this by the same standards because their intentions are not the same. They're a stage show above all things.

I dont particularly care for Babymetal, but I think a lot of you are looking at them the wrong way. They may "have a band too", but it is mostly there for the metal aesthetic of what is essentially just a jpop group. Therefore you arent going to see them approach the songwriting and other creative processes like a typical metal band; the music is designed and written by pop producers, and the actual 'band' is just recruited talent like you would find in any other pop group. So right off the bat you have to live with the premise that this is not actually an authentic metal band; this is a pop stage show. Judging their merit based upon the same criteria that you would judge an actual metal band is sort of irrelevant then. They are billed with mainstream metal bands because of their similar aesthetic and feel to metal, not because they are actually a metal band. The group is essentially a gimmick by the jpop labels to exploit the market of the mainstream metal scene. However you need to realize that this is the nature of the pop scene itself (large-scale appeal), and in fact the people involved with these projects are actually passionate about what they do.

I think it would help to look at them more as a performance act than as a band. Surely this doesnt appeal to the more underground metalhead (like myself and most others here), but this kind of thing is more the antithesis of underground to begin with. Personally id say either enjoy the act for what it is or just ignore it.

Yea, kind of like the rest of the jpop idol scene. Except id consider Babymetal to be more on the conservative side considering Japanese culture, but surely people not used to their jpop scene will see them as quite a surprise.

Actually just watched this video, and one thing I gotta admit is that those Japanese really do know how to mosh. I mean, just look at that wall of death to circle pit they got going there in the beginning, legit stuff.

Their stage show looks worth seeing at least once. I probably wouldnt go out of my way to go see them, but if they are on the bill id probably see if I can get into it.

That song Road of Resistance, Sam Totman and Herman Li wrote that song. And you can clearly hear the influence not just in the music, but the vocals as well. Probably why I love it just sounded cool as fuck lol.

They are a serious metal talent and have a huge fan following.
So what if they don't compose their own music, it doesn't matter and nobody is crying foul over it.

Lets play spot the retardation.

If Babymetal's music is Tumorous then what would you make of the metal legends who are supporting Babymetal apparently for their music.

I would say you're a fool for thinking it's for their music.

Ironically, your pre-teen angst response is exactly the type of stuff I'm referring to.

Okay fag.

I gotta say though, aside from the band being kickass, Su-Metal is an excellent singer. She's getting better as she gets older.

And hawter amirite?

Well mainly because being a contrarian gives me a raging hard-on, but also to set it straight that it's not supposed to be an impressive metal band. As EternalMetal pointed out rather poignantly, and which I've failed to successfully thus far, you can't judge a band like this by the same standards because their intentions are not the same. They're a stage show above all things.

Where in my criticisms did I imply that Babymetal were a bad "actual" band? I've been criticising them for not being an "actual" band of any quality. I don't like fake bands, this doesn't negate me from understanding the point of them existing.

It's kinda like throwing up a fit because the Wiggles aren't 'real' music.

That being said, only yellow shirt guy is real. Yellow shirt women are false posers.

What is the fit, exactly? I can only speak for myself, but once again all I am seeing is people criticisng them as a musical act. When since has being critical of an act been equivocal to throwing a fit?

I would never expect a blatant opportunistic cash grab of an act to roll through a scene like metal without some backlash.

Really?
REALLY???

Roll a fat ass blunt and kick back folks.
Why when it is entertaining as Deviant Tart trying to explain why everything considered popular is bad!

Reactions: Hubster
It's kinda like throwing up a fit because the Wiggles aren't 'real' music.

That being said, only yellow shirt guy is real. Yellow shirt women are false posers.

Ha! It's not like that at all.

The Wiggles for example don't have full grown male fans trying to tell me that The Wiggles are a talented metal band supported by legends within the genre.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Status
Not open for further replies.