WTF Babymetal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cute girls and electric guitars, what's not to like? you guys put "the purity of metal" on a pedestal too much. there are no rules or disallowed combinations when creating or appreciating music

cute girls and electric guitars, what's not to like? you guys put "the purity of metal" on a pedestal too much. there are no rules or disallowed combinations when creating or appreciating music

Not as much about purity of metal (what is "purity of metal" even?) as it is about a poor mix of genres, for me personally. I don't know about you, but I can't find anything that metal and overly cute, obnoxious 13 year-old girls singing about chocolate have in common. It's just super, super annoying. The dancing isn't even sexy or seductive. I mean, their moves and stamina are impressive, but it's like cut out of a j-pop song. It's basically metal for people who don't like metal, but want to be able to say they listen to metal, because it's so "edgy". At least that's the way it seems to me.

Reactions: RedStorm
dude my playlist is full of stuff like Suffocation and Cryptopsy and i put it on shuffle and when Babymetal pops up it's like a pleasant shock to my ears to hear something radically different / contradictory that shouldn't work but does (imo)

Well I dislike both metalcore and j-pop so for me it's like a combination of faeces.
the song i posted last page is power metal. i like power metal and little girls so i like this lol

dude my playlist is full of stuff like Suffocation and Cryptopsy and i put it on shuffle and when Babymetal pops up it's like a pleasant shock to my ears to hear something radically different / contradictory that shouldn't work but does (imo)

It's basically metal for people who don't like metal, but want to be able to say they listen to metal, because it's so "edgy"

so you're confirming my theory then :) ?

no i am destroying it by showing it is possible to like real metal and Babymetal. and i cannot listen to them all day either. i will inevitably switch back to Dying Fetus soon enough to pleasantly re-shock my ears again

Last edited:
no i am destroying it by showing it is possible to like real metal and Babymetal. and i cannot listen to them all day either. i will inevitably switch back to Dying Fetus soon enough to pleasantly re-shock my ears again

oh, it is possible, it's just fucking awful.

jokes aside, why would you need to give your ears a "pleasant shock" if you're already listening to the music you like? I mean, I do get tired of listening to the same music too frequently as well, but I would never call switching to another band or genre a pleasant shock - that would basically mean I'm not listening to music I really enjoy right now, which makes no sense to me.

doesn't mean i wasn't enjoying what i was already listening to. it's switching from something i like to another thing that i also like. if i had pizza for lunch i could have pizza again for dinner because i love pizza but sushi would pleasure my tastebuds more because i hadn't had sushi in awhile

doesn't mean i wasn't enjoying what i was already listening to. it's switching from something i like to another thing that i also like. if i had pizza for lunch i could have pizza again for dinner because i love pizza but sushi would pleasure my tastebuds more because i hadn't had sushi in awhile

But if sushi and pizza were both equally easy to obtain, why choose pizza, if you really wanted Babymetal? (ffs, I feel ridiculous just writing that name)

The key is to not look at bands like this explicitly as music. Same reason Cartman's rendition of Come Sail Away is somewhat of a masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.