X-Amp output too low!

Ok, I've gotten the info for the mod! I will do it myself since all I have to do is to exchange some resistors and two capacitors. I will report back with the result as soon as I'm done, and I can send the mod info to whoever wants to go crazy with the soldering iron.

Ok, sent out the instructions to some people! I still haven't done the mod myself though, but I'd be happy to hear whatever anyone else has to say about it.

I am wondering about something though. Well, first of all, the capacitors, after looking inside the box I assume that it's disc capacitors? Is there anything else I need to know before I buy one (only need one since one can simply be moved).
The second thing is about the resistors. Well, I know the theory of resistance pretty well, but I never got into what kind of stuff to use exactly, so could someone point me to what kind of resistors I should get? The thing that makes me feel like totally lost is that A) they seem to be made of different materials for different purposes (i.e. metallic film, etc) and B) they have different wattage marks, like 1/4W, 1/2W, 1W, etc. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Once I have the right components, I will have no problem at all putting them in place. I just didn't expected there to be this many options!

Ok, sent out the instructions to some people! I still haven't done the mod myself though, but I'd be happy to hear whatever anyone else has to say about it.

I am wondering about something though. Well, first of all, the capacitors, after looking inside the box I assume that it's disc capacitors? Is there anything else I need to know before I buy one (only need one since one can simply be moved).
The second thing is about the resistors. Well, I know the theory of resistance pretty well, but I never got into what kind of stuff to use exactly, so could someone point me to what kind of resistors I should get? The thing that makes me feel like totally lost is that A) they seem to be made of different materials for different purposes (i.e. metallic film, etc) and B) they have different wattage marks, like 1/4W, 1/2W, 1W, etc. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Once I have the right components, I will have no problem at all putting them in place. I just didn't expected there to be this many options!

manda-me as instruções e pode ser que te possa ajudar, ou adiciona-me no msg no endereço da minha info aqui no forum.

abraço

manda-me as instruções e pode ser que te possa ajudar, ou adiciona-me no msg no endereço da minha info aqui no forum.

abraço

Hey there

Hmm, well I do live in Portugal but I don't know much portuguese other than some words, hehe. Would you mind taking it in english?

Been living there for almost 3 years now so I guess I should have learned a bit more... Guess I travel/work too much.

Hey there

Hmm, well I do live in Portugal but I don't know much portuguese other than some words, hehe. Would you mind taking it in english?

Been living there for almost 3 years now so I guess I should have learned a bit more... Guess I travel/work too much.

Sorry I just assumed you were Portuguese.

add me on messenger and maybe i can help you out with the components.

Here's that mod for anyone who's interested:

http://www.cardwellmusic.com/temp/X-Amp-Mod.png

I didn't make this public on the forum since I don't know if the people at Radial wanted this to be on the net. But well, it goes without saying: try at your own risk! I'm sure it works fine though; haven't tried it myself yet but I'll do it as soon as I can get the components. If anyone else did the mod already, please report back about if it solved the problem!