X50 v2.0

I having a hard time running this stereo.
1) I choose "stereo" in the config.
2) In Reaper, I route 2 fx-empty tracks, panned 70% each side, to a centered parent with the X50 and the guitars are fighting for the middle.

Will I have to run 4 instances of the X50 to quad track ?

Seems to work normally when hardpanned..

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, no amp sim VST can run aux/child tracks panned anything other than hard L/R or centered. If you want to do anything other than centered or hard panned, you need a new instance of the track.

I having a hard time running this stereo.
1) I choose "stereo" in the config.
2) In Reaper, I route 2 fx-empty tracks, panned 70% each side, to a centered parent with the X50 and the guitars are fighting for the middle.

Will I have to run 4 instances of the X50 to quad track ?

Seems to work normally when hardpanned..
1. Feed the plugins with 2 hard panned guitar tracks on input (one 100% L, the other 100% R), so that each guitar can be processed on it's own.
2. Have a look at the IR loader part : there's a "width" knob wich control the output panning for both sides/guitars, from 0% to 100% L/R (if I understand correctly what you want to do, you have to set this knob to 70%).

Knowing this, you'll only need 2 instances of X50 with quadtracked guitars, and will be able to pan each guitar pair where you want (for example one pair 100% L/R, the other one 80-90% L/R).
I think this width knob is a pretty nice and smart feature.

1. Feed the plugins with 2 hard panned guitar tracks (one 100% L, the other 100% R) so that each guitar can be processed on it's own.
2. Have a look at the IR loader part : there's a "width" knob wich control the output panning for both sides/guitars, from 0% to 100% L/R.

I think it's a pretty nice and smart feature.

Oh shit! I forgot about this. It's that way (my previous post) with every other amp sim I've ever used, though.

I have a bug to report, when I have 5 active instances of x50v2 in reaper, upon opening the project reaper crashes once it starts loading the plugin. However, if they are decativated and turned on once the project is loaded, there are no problems.

There is definitely a bug, at least in the demo version.

I downloaded the Demo version "TSE_X50_v2.0_x64_demo.zip" on Feb 14, 2014. I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

There are quite a few ways to get Reaper and TSE x50 to crash. The easiest way for me is to load the x50 on one guitar track, and then on the mixer window, drag and drop this instance on to the second guitar track. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will crash. So if it works, delete the second instance and drag and drop again until you get it to crash.

As far as I can tell, it is completely random. I leave the x50 with default settings too (changing them seems to have no effect on the probabilities of it crashing).

If you happen to save a session with two instances loaded and close it, when you reopen it, sometimes the session will open. If it crashes, double-click the session again until it opens.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: reaper.exe
Application Version: 4.5.9.0
Application Timestamp: 52d9a146
Fault Module Name: TSE X50 x64 DEMO.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52fed79d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000810b3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 587d
Additional Information 2: 587d8adb89f11a36df3331a168e75b10
Additional Information 3: 448c
Additional Information 4: 448c421a10d3dd976212f4da4e4f752d

I should also say that the plugin sounds really good, and I'm afraid the discount offer will expire before this gets fixed. So I am willing to help!!

Ok, the reaper and X50v2 crashing is evening happening on disabled tracks now. Its really frustrating since everything works fine, but I often have to open and keep reopening the project file multiple times to get it to open. In addition, I have also managed to crash it when I duplicate a track or starting making major modifications to the plugins with the mix running.

My system is Windows 7 x64, 8gb ram, Intel i5 4440 3.10GHz. I really doubt its a performance issue, since I can run about 50x more plugins than in this project without any performance problems. I even restarted and tried again with similar results. Is there a debugger or any log files I can find to send to support?

Reaper x64 / X50v2 x64, registered. Haven't managed to make it crash Reaper once, while being active on multiple tracks.

Did any of you try to run it in 'buggy plugin compatibility mode'? By rightclicking the plugin before adding it you have some options, might help.

I will look at this, as a sidenote the settings are not copyable in the demoversion.

There is definitely a bug, at least in the demo version.

I downloaded the Demo version "TSE_X50_v2.0_x64_demo.zip" on Feb 14, 2014. I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

There are quite a few ways to get Reaper and TSE x50 to crash. The easiest way for me is to load the x50 on one guitar track, and then on the mixer window, drag and drop this instance on to the second guitar track. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will crash. So if it works, delete the second instance and drag and drop again until you get it to crash.

As far as I can tell, it is completely random. I leave the x50 with default settings too (changing them seems to have no effect on the probabilities of it crashing).

If you happen to save a session with two instances loaded and close it, when you reopen it, sometimes the session will open. If it crashes, double-click the session again until it opens.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: reaper.exe
Application Version: 4.5.9.0
Application Timestamp: 52d9a146
Fault Module Name: TSE X50 x64 DEMO.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52fed79d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000810b3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 587d
Additional Information 2: 587d8adb89f11a36df3331a168e75b10
Additional Information 3: 448c
Additional Information 4: 448c421a10d3dd976212f4da4e4f752d

I should also say that the plugin sounds really good, and I'm afraid the discount offer will expire before this gets fixed. So I am willing to help!!

If I was using "Mix" at 100% in Kefir does it mean I have to use the "Volume" knob and place it at 100% in X50 ? Why is the default at 50% to begin with (Even in Kefir) ?

the volume knob is 50% to begin with to be able to adjust it both ways ;) some mix at -12dB and some like to clip their tracks to the unrecognizable :p

Ok, the reaper and X50v2 crashing is evening happening on disabled tracks now. Its really frustrating since everything works fine, but I often have to open and keep reopening the project file multiple times to get it to open. In addition, I have also managed to crash it when I duplicate a track or starting making major modifications to the plugins with the mix running.

I can confirm:

a. Sometimes crashing when opening a Reaper project file with x50 on two tracks, regardless of whether the instances are enabled or disabled.

b. Crashing can occur sometimes when duplicating a track that has the x50 on it.

However, once an instance loads onto a track successfully, I have NOT had it crash while tweaking settings.

Reaper x64 / X50v2 x64, registered. Haven't managed to make it crash Reaper once, while being active on multiple tracks.

Did any of you try to run it in 'buggy plugin compatibility mode'? By rightclicking the plugin before adding it you have some options, might help.

I didn't know about this feature, but I just tried it. The behavior is the same. Sometimes it loads, and sometimes it crashes Reaper. (My Reaper version is also registered).

I will look at this, as a sidenote the settings are not copyable in the demoversion.

Thanks onqel.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Y-O1rOtfE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Y-O1rOtfE[/ame]

Just downloaded and installed the full version.
Everything worked flawlessly. And bloody hell! This sim sounds fantastic! I would rate it the best amp sim for thrash metal that is currently available.
If there is one thing that could be improved, then it would be the option to load a second IR.

snagged the demo today after work, played around with it for a few mins and bought instantly. no time to check it out now properly, because it's friday evening, time to get wasted with a few friends ;)

nonetheless, incredible work onqel! keep on doing this. you seem to be very talented.

everyone who didnt buy this yet, do yourself a favour and buy it now. you wont regret it. best amp sim so far.

Great plugin, been messing around with it the last few days. Here is a really short test.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY74embOkqw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxHZ-j6VWtzgaCr0zY2a3UQ[/ame]

We have decided to let the 40% introductory discount continue for another new week ! March 8 is the new deadline for getting a discounted version :)