X50 v2.0

Maybe I am taking crazy pills...but this doesn't look right.

crazypills.png

[Prime]: yeah, spammers / spambots is a pain in the ass sometimes

I haven't been able to reproduce the drag&drop crash here, does it happen to you guys if you create a second instance by creating a new track and adding a new instance of the plugin from scratch too ?

Usually just dragging an instance over to a new track in reaper. Creating a separate/new instance doesn't seem to be an issue as far as I can remember.

That said, there are some other actions that will cause crashes.

But honestly... I stopped keeping notes.

I know the "workarounds".

Yes. During my tests, I have been able to get it to crash that way too.

Further tests on my PC have revealed that if you have a project with just two tracks with an instance of x50 each, and save it, close it, and open it again, the chances of it crashing are above 50%.

However, if you add more tracks in between the two guitar tracks (to add a delay so that the x50s aren't loaded sequentially one after the other), and save the project, then I can close and open the project about 10 times before I see a crash. So that seems to improve the odds.

Curiously, it is very difficult (99.99% impossible) for me to replicate the crashy behavior on my laptop, which has much less resources than my PC.

Yes. During my tests, I have been able to get it to crash that way too.

Further tests on my PC have revealed that if you have a project with just two tracks with an instance of x50 each, and save it, close it, and open it again, the chances of it crashing are above 50%.

However, if you add more tracks in between the two guitar tracks (to add a delay so that the x50s aren't loaded sequentially one after the other), and save the project, then I can close and open the project about 10 times before I see a crash. So that seems to improve the odds.

Curiously, it is very difficult (99.99% impossible) for me to replicate the crashy behavior on my laptop, which has much less resources than my PC.

Ninjad

Exactly....and that was what I was going to come here to post.

But you said it already. I thought it might just be me. ;)

Edit: I will try to help in my annoying way.

Current issues/concerns/improvements based on commentary and experience....

User registration (email hit enter)
Low pass filter noise (sample rate issue)
Crashing when creating multiple instances/reloading multiple instances
Lack of 32 bit OSX support (huge issue for some)
Lack of legacy OSX prior to 10.7 support (issue for fewer users)
Tuner bypass
Multiple impulse loading

In the grand scheme all of these things are fairly minor. JMO

Prime: I'm aware of all of those things and working on it, nothing new to be honest. Lack of OSX 32 bit support is not a bug or software issue, it's the way Apple are doing things now. I have to make quite a few changes to drop C++11 to be able to compile for 10.6.8.

Never said it was...just saying it's an issue for some/a lot? of people.

Doesn't matter to me. I have OSX 10.6, OSX 10.7, Windows, Linux, blah blah.

Edit: BTW...I also know how to get it to run on a 32 bit kernel and extensions with just a single core processor in OSX 10.7. ;)

Edit2: I think I'll just keep editing this post....I wouldn't want to bump the thread with my crap. ;) One of the problems installing this under OSX with less than optimal hardware/software is because of the distribution file contained within the OSX pkg file. There is a java script that runs to check minimal hardware/software requirements. Unless these requirements are satisfied the package will not allow you to install. I can understand that to some degree...as it could possibly create a customer service nightmare as a result of people installing the plugin with less than optimal software/hardware configurations.

At the same time, I think it limits the customer base. The reason I say this is because I am able to run the plugin quite well without meeting the requirements set forth within the distribution file included in the OSX package. Why limit your customer base? JMO. In the end, I am glad I found a workaround to this "problem" and I'm enjoying this great plugin on one of my less than stellar OSX systems with more than satisfactory performance/results.

As far as the Low Pass filter problem is concerned. I know the solution and pointed out one way to resolve it. That said, I deleted that solution as a result of feedback I received from the "team".... I was only trying to help out.

And finally, you may want to rethink how you respond to people. Honestly, it's a little condescending at times.

Thank you for your helping out, user feedback is great and it's what most of the development has been based on :)

Made a little applescript to simulate X50 standalone using Reaper.

Code:
tell application "REAPER64" to activate

delay 1

tell application "System Events"
	set Proc to name of processes whose visible is true and name is "Reaper"
	repeat with oneP in Proc
		activate process oneP -- bring it to the front
		click button 3 of window 1 of application process oneP -- the yellow button on the top left.
	end repeat
end tell

repeat with oneP in Proc
		click button 3 of window 1 of application process oneP -- the yellow button on the top left.
	end repeat
end tell

repeat with oneP in Proc
	end repeat
end tell

tell application "Finder" to open POSIX file "/Users/Lion/Desktop/Studio/X50.RPP"

Basically, it opens Reaper. Pauses for 1 second, then minimizes Reaper to the dock (3x just to be sure). Then it opens a project file I saved with X50 loaded onto one track. Leaving only the X50 window open. I made the reaper window really small in this project file with pretty much everything hidden. I left my file path in the code above just as an example.

Looks like this after running the script/app....

x50.jpg

I did the same thing with TSE BOD. I can switch between the two with a single mouse click. I saved the 2 scripts as applications and put them in the dock for easy access.

I don't know.... it works for me. I'm f*cking goofy.:loco:

I don't want to read all 21 pages. So i just ask and hope it wasn't asked before. Is a standalone vst version of the tuner planned? It seems to be quite nice and doesn't jumps around like g-tune for me. I'm not at the audio pc but if i remember correct it doesn't show how many cents your off like g-tune does. That would be a great improvement too.

You could always just disable everything else in the suite and use the tuner by itself. Not sure what DAW you are using....but Reaper lets you insert input FX that are only in use when tracking/recording.

That is where I would put it. As a matter of fact I am glad you mentioned that... I will be replacing the old tuner that I have on my input FX tracks with the X50 version.

Which should really work out since it performs well for bass guitar as well. Having a cool tuner will be motivation to check my tuning more frequently!!! Yaaayyy!!!

On another note, and since I have X50 working on my less than stellar mac that I use for monitoring (I split monitoring and recording between two machines), the dynamics and feel of the new X50V2 are really nice.

I run the signal into a full frequency amp and cab. It's sounds and plays well enough that I would definitely consider it for playing live. The stock IR's sound really nice through that rig as well.

Also diggin BOD in that same application.

Edit: So I tested the tuner on my crappy win7 dual processor laptop and I am getting 0.7% cpu usage. I disabled everything else. That said, I see no easy way to disble the built in gate. Does turning everything to zero disable it...not sure. I haven't tested that and don't really think it's a big deal. I use a gate on my recording input fx anyway. So that is just one more plug I an can eliminate by using X50. Your results will probably be better than mine since this laptop is a cheap piece of crap.

The noise gate is actually disabled by default and you could simply set the threshold value back to default position again (-120dB) and it will bypass itself :) (the info-text at the bottom will say "Gate bypassed" to confirm it)

I have plans for a standalone version of the tuner, and there's some additional options I'd like to add as well (like pitch reference, option to mute outputsignal or simply process through the input signal).

Does disabled mean there are no "processes" running? Obviously turning the threshold down will make it so it does not interfere with the input signal... but is there any cpu usage at that point?

Sounds like it is truly bypassed based on your comment... Cool!

Guess I could always just check for myself.... Like i said, I did not test it because I didn't think it was a big deal.

Can't wait for the new stuff....so much more that can be done. X50 Suite Rocks! :headbang:

Bump for one of the best plugs out there.

I have tested this on multiple operating systems and environments... the results are fairly impressive and consistant.

I believe it will only get better.

I've certainly had more issues with some other software from "big mainstream" vendors.

:kickass:

the 'standalone script' is cool, can it be done in Windows?

It can't be done that way in windows. But I can try to come up with an "equivalent" for windows.... Of course it will be a Reaper based solution.

Who knows? Onqel may already be working on a standalone version. It would probably be fairly "easy".

Man this thing in High Quality mode with 8x over-sampled sounds freakishly good. When I heard the comparisons between the previous version it sounded a bit better, worth the purchase, but when in High quality mode paired with 8x oversampling it sounds really really good! Night and day from 2x to 8x completely different sound IMO. Of course in Studio one I render that bitch before playback but my Gosh! I can't imagine the next major update for this, what it's gonna sound like...
Add the B.O.D in the "Stomp" section, heck do a small update/improvement on it and throw it in the suite and I'll gladly play that upgrade!

[Prime];10818856 said:
It can't be done that way in windows. But I can try to come up with an "equivalent" for windows.... Of course it will be a Reaper based solution.

Who knows? Onqel may already be working on a standalone version. It would probably be fairly "easy".

Standalone and AAX64 version coming soon :kickass: