X50 v2.0

What browser are you using? Please clear your browser cache/history and try again, you should see downloads for both version 2.0.1 and version 2.3 when it's displayed right

All I have to say is, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. The "DO NOT DISTURB" sign is definitely going up this weekend. Thanks John! Looks AND sounds fantastic!!

I can't wait to try this out! But I'm one teeny, tiny witsy bitsy issue. 2.3.0 on Windows 8.1 asks for the license and tells me it's not valid.

Edit: D'OH! I just saw that 2.3 has a separate license.

Something about the improved X50 modeling is working REALLY well for my distorted bass tones now, even with the settings at noon. Might be the new default impulse though.

Also, onqel, just putting this out there: in addition to the B.O.D., I would pay substantial amounts of money for a stand-alone or add-on update with a B7K Darkglass and/or a Sansamp PSA-1 emulation. I know you can always Kemper/Axe FX them or whatever, but for poor hobbyists like me a lower-cost software version would be awesome. Just a thought :)

I would pay substantial amounts of money for a stand-alone or add-on update with a B7K Darkglass and/or a Sansamp PSA-1 emulation. I know you can always Kemper/Axe FX them or whatever, but for poor hobbyists like me a lower-cost software version would be awesome. Just a thought :)

+1!!!!!!!!!

Something about the improved X50 modeling is working REALLY well for my distorted bass tones now, even with the settings at noon. Might be the new default impulse though.

Also, onqel, just putting this out there: in addition to the B.O.D., I would pay substantial amounts of money for a stand-alone or add-on update with a B7K Darkglass and/or a Sansamp PSA-1 emulation. I know you can always Kemper/Axe FX them or whatever, but for poor hobbyists like me a lower-cost software version would be awesome. Just a thought :)

Isnt BOD a sansamp emulation?

Isnt BOD a sansamp emulation?

The B.O.D. emulates a Bass Driver, but the PSA-1 is a separate product, also by Sansamp/Tech 21. It seems like people use the PSA-1 a lot but I've never used a plugin of it- Avid sells one but it's exclusive to Pro Tools users. Honestly not sure what the difference between the two is, but I just want more diversity in my bass tones and there are way more guitar amp sims out there than bass sims.

Is it just me or is the new version a lot less gainy? Feels like I cant get that same saturated vibe.

Just made a video walking through some of the new features of version 2.3!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is the new version a lot less gainy? Feels like I cant get that same saturated vibe.

Same settings give me the same sound, however I noticed that when I copy the instance across channels sometimes a gain stage is 'lost' and I get an unsaturated scratchy sound...

Cool update, works well on my end. Onqel, have you got any plans to do something Marshally? Or a Mesa Mark? There isn't much out there usable for them.

I get the feeling this will end up being a modular VST.