Yamaha NS 10s

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Hey guys I went to a pawn shop just looking to find an effects box and going through the home audio section and what there are a sterio pair of NS 10s for 200 bucks, not a scratch, dent, nice and clean. Could not pass them up. What I need to know is for guys with experience with them, what power amp would you suggest to team them up with?

The consensus is that Bryston amps are the best for NS10s. A little pricy but many swear by them. Personally, I've never used a Bryston amp. I use an crest amp for my NS10s and its fine for what I do (I just use the NS10s as a reference monitor to occasionally check my mix on - it’s good for checking the balance in the mids)

Primarily used and designed for hifi the QUAD 306 power amp has been seen powering NS10's in what was my local "pro" studio.

Nice man... I wish I could find a bargain like that.

I've been after some proper NS 10's for a while. Gotta get 'em before everyone else snatches 'em up.

Thanks.... I don't think the guys at that pawn shop knew what they really were because they were in the home audio section but I wasn't about to tell em whatn they were really worth. I just told them I'd take'em.