Yanni

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Saw Yanni live on Saturday. As usual, he is the man. Amazing composer, beautiful music, talented musicians. Very entertaining. A wonderful journey.

I'm surprised more people here aren't into him. Odd time sigs. Complex rhythms. Multi-layered music. Melting many genres into one. ANYTHING goes. It's Prog Metal/Rock without the guitar. Only BETTER.

Go check out Yanni! NOW!

:worship:

RR1 Player said:
Melting many genres into one. Sounds like my cup of tea! Plus we're both Greek. :Spin: Any particular album you recommend checking out first?

I'm sure Matt will some ideas for you here, but my personal recommendation would be Live at the Acropolis DVD. I think it is better to hear live and get the visual experience especially as they get into some jams. I happened to come across that YEARS ago on PBS and stopped so I could figure out what it was. Some cool stuff. Do NOT expect metal. Add Petrucci on electric guitar and you prety much have DT :Spin:

Enjoy.

Yes, Live At the Acropolis for sure. And get the DVD. I started with the CD myself, which is amazing. I had the VHS too (oh, the days before DVD). Then I got the DVD.

Yanni's other DVD is awesome too: Tribute. Get that one also.

I got the Live at Acropolis CD. So far I really like it! I've listened to it about 1.5 times through, not enough to say what my favorite track is. I was told by a friend, "You're greek, you have to like Yanni, it's in your blood." I really like the different styles they incorporate, definitely up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

Edit: I think I'm going to pick up the DVD. Being a huuuge fan of live concert DVDs, this should be a good one to add to my collection.