YES!! MY KRK's CAME THROUGH! plus a review on my band

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
WOOO my Moniters came after 7 weeks of waiting for them

i got the KRK Rokit cl 6 (limited edition with silver cone instead)

and i played the song i was mixing through it, and it sounded awful! i clearly heard so much more wrong with my mix, fixed it all up and now the track sounds really good! made me feel happy about one of my mixes for once:)

i'ved heard people of not like the upgrades of my ones.. but i think they sound perfect:)

but then again i still have a lot to learn!

review also pleased me on a gig i did in Milton Kean's..

Mordecai are also another band to peak some interest, hailing from South London, it's a bit out of their usual territory but their sound-check is already sounding good. Starting off with “Not Today”, we have some nice, light bumpy rock with sustain which gets into a much more abrupt style that has quite a strong beat driving it on (cue one sick decimated). A tempo change lifts things up and Mordecai get quite avant-garde on our arses with rolling beats and feedback forming a jam to finish it off.

The tracks are actually quite varied, take a glance at “Crime” and you have feathery harmonics alongside particularly heavy drumming (that's two sticks down) and bass. Meanwhile we also have “Provarocate” sets a much more modern tone for the band, scheduled to be in their next Ep, having a bit more funk than some of the set, but when it comes to finishing the set, that's when Mordecai hit home as the music and the band cut looser than Dan's jeans mixing light rock with grunge and adding a sprinkle of funk for extra flavour. Then you have the charisma of the band gelling everything together which makes quite an easy package to listen to.