Yo, Rick... (Pool Party)

Death Metal Cookie Monster said:
It was a blast! Thanks again, Rick, for inviting my wife and I:)

I also want to say thanks! It was an awesome time and definitly felt honored of having the priviledge to coming. Granted, the drive up there and back can be a real bitch (coming from Fredericksburg, VA), but holy shit, was that a friggan blast! I cannot say thanks enough for the very generous hospitality you and your wife extended to us, Rick. I'll have to try to make a trip up to see one of your gigs, eventhough it seems everything is so friggan far for me (which is why I pretty much always see you guys at Jaxx, as it has been the closest place for me where you guys have been playing in recent years).

Again, thanks for the awesome time. BTW, to bad you couldn't have made it, eaeolian. I'd have loved to have seen you again. Oh well, at least I'll be seeing you guys at the Kamelot/Epica show in September (I've already picked up my tickets - I stopped at Jaxx on the way home from Rick's place and got 5 tickets - Cellador in August, Kamelot/Epica in September, two Stratovarious (one of my friends wanted to go as well), and Helloween, both shows in October.)

eaeolian said:
^ Damn, I wish I'd known - we'd have sold you tickets to Kamelot. :lol: (The Jaxx shuffle, my friend.)

I'll see you at Cellador, too - that should be interesting to see if they can pull it off live.

Ah yes, the Jaxx shuffle (and my never-ending quest to avoid having to pay TicketBastard rape charges just to see a friggan show!). If you would've been at the damn party, I'd have asked if you had any Kamelot tickets on you! :heh:. Oh well, it was all good, and it was just convienient for me to stop at Jaxx on the way home and just get all the tickets for the shows I was interested in. I do like to try to get them through the bands whenever possible, though. Sucks that I may have to resort to TicketBastard to get those Blind Guardian tickets though as I have a feeling those are going to go quick, and I don't want to wait till I was at the Kamelot show to get them, for fear they may be sold out by then.

Anyway, are you playing at the Cellador show or just going there as fans? I did not see you guys listed as one of the bands playing at that show (I see that Engage are playing). But then again, I do see two "TBA's" still for local bands they apparently have not lined up yet (or not updated the site yet). Anyway, playing or not, looking forward to see you there at that show!

Yes, the party was a blast. I enjoyed sitting around and chatting with folks and relaxing the most. My life has been MOST hectic lately, so chilling in the pool and listening to some music and talking with friends was a nice change.

I missed the Division guys and their significant others though. :( Oh, well, I know how busy life can be. Next time. :)

SkiBumMSP said:
Anyway, are you playing at the Cellador show or just going there as fans? I did not see you guys listed as one of the bands playing at that show (I see that Engage are playing). But then again, I do see two "TBA's" still for local bands they apparently have not lined up yet (or not updated the site yet). Anyway, playing or not, looking forward to see you there at that show!

Just going to hang out. We're playing at Club East Coast on the 5th, so the shows would have been too close together, or I would have taken it.

OdinsCourt said:
I missed the Division guys and their significant others though. :( Oh, well, I know how busy life can be. Next time. :)

We all wanted to come, life just gets too busy to do everything you want to, sometimes. Especially when youve somehow ended up in three bands. :lol:

Snowy Owl said:
I still think that Barb is only Rick's girlfriend or fiancee

Hmmm... I honostly thought they were married! Well, my apologies. Well, anyway, I hope success in thier relationship. But, still, married or not, my original comment still stands.