you cannot tell what people are like through the net

gizus a hug danny :)

anyway maren is such a touchy fraulein, she would probably have gotten offensed in real life if i burped in front of them or picked my nose so...i thought she was okay like, bringing me stuff from germany and that, but she should relax a bit. but then again, tat iz fery cherman ja ja!

Mehdi is like Kőmíves Kelemen and the 11 damned bricklayers building the castle of Déva, what they build during the day tumbles during the night, and this goes on and on until they stop the curse by deciding that the first wife of either of the 12 bricklayers to turn up on the building spot should be killed and burnt and her ashes should be mixed with the mortar so that the walls would stand. It's Kőmíves Kelemen's wife who turns up first, of course, so she's killed.

I just meant the first thing, what he builds up during the day tumbles during the night.

Of course you can't really tell what a person is like judging from what they post on an internet forum. It does say a lot about a person's character though if they purposely insult others, well knowing that they're causing offence or even hurting someone - whether it's in real life or on an internet forum. (Cos there are actually "real" people even behind all these more or less stupid internet nicks.)
I'm wondering: If you get along with someone in real life, why do you suddenly start offending them on a disrespectful, primitive level (beyond the limit of what's commonly known as "fun") via the internet?!
Whatever. My puny brain won't get it anyway.

i don't know what it is, maybe it's the same thing like when i said somewhere that i seem to be able to talk in here. in real life i'm rather quiet. and here i say things that i wouldn't normally say in real life.
maybe it's the fact that you're safe behind your screen, you don't have to look someone in the eyes, you can't estimate the reaction to what you say...

anyway, what's the purpose of hurting someone....of attacking people you don't have anything to do with in everyday life???

breaklose said:
gizus a hug danny :)

anyway maren is such a touchy fraulein, she would probably have gotten offensed in real life if i burped in front of them or picked my nose
The polite thing to do in such a situation to avoid offence would be to offer the proceeds to the person in question.

@Mehdi: Yeah, right, I'm incredibly touchy. I'm allergic to dust and dirt and sweat and fumes - that's why I enjoy festivals, you know. And I start to scream hysterically when I see someone poking their nose or hear them burp - I actually wonder how I survive the jammed buses and trains every morning, not to mention the presence of my mates. :Smug: :tickled:

snow2fall said:
I'm wondering: If you get along with someone in real life, why do you suddenly start offending them on a disrespectful, primitive level (beyond the limit of what's commonly known as "fun") via the internet?!

actually i think i innocently joked about something that had actually happened without me knowing it had happened - thats why you called me a 'disgusting piece of shit' i reckon. not i got offended or anything. see - im a man :cool:

snow2fall said:
Of course you can't really tell what a person is like judging from what they post on an internet forum. It does say a lot about a person's character though if they purposely insult others, well knowing that they're causing offence or even hurting someone - whether it's in real life or on an internet forum. (Cos there are actually "real" people even behind all these more or less stupid internet nicks.)
Whatever. My puny brain won't get it anyway.

wrong! wrong! wrong! totally wrong! its quite the opposite to that, actually i think all the e-to be nice ones, in here are far more capable of hurt than those that are e-to be not nice, see :) it all makes perfect sense aye