you guys rock

X-1

New Metal Member
Jul 21, 2003
Some friends and i scan the net for new bandsall the time and we came across your band. We downloaded one of your songs and it was excellent. So i decided to look for more and came across your new album. It is by far one of the best new pieces of work i have ever heard. My main choice of music is a harder style more Pantera, but i am open to any style. But this new album you have put out is awesome. You guys have the skill of Dreamtheater and the power Pantera rolled all together in this album. That is something i have been waiting to se come out of a band for quite some time now. I hope you are going to do a tour soon and if so would love to see you come through Detroit, Michigan. I feel your presence would be very well welcomed here by the rock community. If you do come through this way make sure you give a abulm the radio station WRIF (www.wrif.com) I am very positive they will play your music.

Well the band doesn't read the board... yet. And there is a good chance there will be a US headlining tour after ProgPower. Also, you can ask Jax (Lady of the Oracle) about the radio thing.

It would be sooooooooooo cool if the band members veiw the board every so often. Like if i had my own board, i'd constantly be frequenting it. But they're really busy guys so the time they have left to do non-music related things normally go to their family instead of us. Can't blame them.

i can understand being busy, but i can also understand being in a band you do have mass amounts of free time(unless you have a job on the side). i am sure they check the forum enough probably just dont reply much.

Thanks for the info i will let the jsx know hopefully they can do something in Detroit. It would rock to see some truely gifted artist (though most are in yhere own way) come around. I know they won't play a big venue but i prefer the smaller get togethers.

i can understand being busy, but i can also understand being in a band you do have mass amounts of free time(unless you have a job on the side).

Um, what? I doubt they have that much free time. When you're in a band that plays stuff as difficult as SX, your free time is spent practicing to keep your skills up. Plus they have a rough schedule of touring/recording, and they do have families.

Although highly technical I really dought they have to practice many hours a day. Also it only takes minutes a day to check the board and let your fans know that you appreciate the support. But yes they probably do have families and do spend time with them which is more important than practicing or checking this board. And as for keeping up n there skills I believe that when you hit that level of playing the only way you loose it is when you loose your hands I know many who can play at that level and further. It is hard to find a grouping of such musicians that can preform together as such though. So dont get all upset or cocky about it. I am sure they do check this board they probably just havent had anything to reply to as of yet.

My teacher at Berklee, Joe Stump, told me he still practices at least 4-5 hours a day, and that guy can smoke. I wouldn't doubt some of the SyX dudes spend that much time per day on music (not just practicing, but also writing, playing, I know Romeo has said he messes around with orchestral stuff in his free time a lot).

On one side, if they were reading the board, to me it would sound like - "Hm, lets see how much our minions have worshipped us today."

But if they didn't it could be - "We don't give a fuck about their insane ranting."

Or it doesn't have to be either. But I think we'd all appriciate it if they posted at least once a year, if nothing else to wish us a merry Christmas. But since they aren't posting they preserve more idol-status since they don't make themselves available as much, which is teasing the nerves off of me.

Why thank you! You can find more info about us if you follow the link in my sig... :D :loco:
Skills of DT? That's really nice of you to say and... err... umm....
Oh :erk: You weren't talking about my band... :loco: o_O :p

J/K... (And it's 5 a.m here so shut up... :D )

Not all of them are into the whole message board thing, or even use a computer at home; but you never know when they may be lurking..and that's all I'm going to say about that. :)