You know that guitar Alexi Laiho plays...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
main.jpg

....how isn't that a Randy Rhoads Flying V? Just because it's not made by Jackson?

I guess guitar manufacturers can copy designs and just get someone else to endorse them.

So in theory, "guitar manufacturer X" can copy the Eddie Van Halen signature Kramer (with the red & white stripes) and just get it endorsed by a Nightwish guitarist?

Crap thread I know. Apologies for the Alexi image. :cry:

It's not EXACTLY like a Rhoads. Compare them side by side and you will see that they're different, like my Peavey Rotor is different from a Gibson Explorer, or like the Ibanez Destroyer is.

I've never played an ESP. Also I really can't stand guitars/basses without a bottom horn, as they are generally impossible to sit down and play.

Don't give me that stradle the V around your leg shit either, that's gay. :dopey:

Yeah, Explorer styles are fine sitting down and standing up with. I still need to get a Jackson Kelly someday, I fookin' love them things.

Yeah didn't I already specify don't give me that stradle the V over your leg shit? :loco:

Hey if it works for you, that's rad. I need my hand to the side though, particularly since I play fingerstyle 90% of the time.

there is an easier way to sit down with a rhoads V. Put the smaller horn to the right of your rightleg and rest and on something soft. Thats all you have to do. I dont really like stratling it because the whole fret board is like way infront of you.

Hatebreeder was in the very first "proper" metal CD haul I ever made, and has always been my favourite of theirs. I still like it.

Sucks to go at such a young age. RIP.