You know that guitar Alexi Laiho plays...

Also I really can't stand guitars/basses without a bottom horn, as they are generally impossible to sit down and play.
Waaaah boo hoo. Be a man and stand the fuck up!

Never got into Mr. Bodom but I'm listening to Hatebreeder in tribute today because only death is real.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
I enjoyed Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper way back in J.: The College Years.

Havent listened since. I will give em a shot and see if I can appreciate the fluffy stuff again since Im old now

I really enjoyed Follow the Reaper in my very early metal days. I know I had that one and I think the one after it. I went to a show where Amon Amarth opened for them but I interviewed AA after their set. Came back out when Bodom was in the middle of their set and we were like "meh" so we went to go eat sub sandwiches. It's catchy stuff but wears off quickly. Listening to some of that album now and I can see why I liked them. A very talented musician. R.I.P.

i liked a select few CoB tracks early on in my Heavy Metal Journey ("downfall" was always my favourite and honestly i think still it's got something special in terms of atmosphere) but never listened to them after reviewing "hate crew deathroll" for RC back in the day and, as i recall, not being very kind to it (because it sucked)

that said, 41 is too early to go and by all accounts he seemed to have been a decent guy. it starts getting a little weird when you're five years younger and you've grown up in the same span that this guy went from nobody to rockstar to dead.

i'm soon to be 36 and it's been a real eye opener how fucking fast it goes from being a 20-something rockin wild child who's immortal and can drink and rock like there's no tomorrow, and then wham! you're 40+ -- washed up, terminally uncool and possibly: dead

i mean, i was never a party animal exactly, but in a way this shit hits close to home