You power metal fucknuts...

guerilla is right about the euro power metal bands, they all copy helloween
The first Domine album fucking rules ...it is not europower lalala stuff ..
when it comes to u.s. power metal , the word "power" has a meaning ...

These threads always make me giggle... They serve a purpose, though... how many folks here thought, "hmmm...he's not talking about MY music, 'cause my music is the best music out there!" ? While the profanity, blanket generalizations and fairly offensive demeanor are all things we could do without, the point remains, "Everyone listens to crap, but me." I love that arrogant, small-mindedness. Made me think, though...

I dig some power metal, prog, all the things that make our pal want to cuss. Made me think, though, about why I don't seem to gravitate towards all these macho-metal bands -- talent level? I don't like to be yelled at? Lyrics? All of the above? I don't know. Bottom line, I don't like it as much. Big frickin' deal. I probably shouldn't post what I listen to on a regular basis, 'cause I might come off as not being metal enough for some. Doesn't mean I don't listen to my Testament, Nevermore, et al., but I temper it with stuff that's not quite as...heavy/agressive. I'm probably opening myself, here, to be called all sorts of things, but you know what? Whoop-de-frickin'-do! We all like different music, and I don't really give a rat's ass what you like...it what *you* like. That said, I'm going to go dust off my Kinetic Dissent just to irritate those who don't like them. Might find my old Paradise Lost tape. (No, not the goth/growl band, the happy prog band from Canada...)

*brushes off the excess testosterone from the pointless posturing*