how do you guys survive this summer?

Jesus christ people dont get all in a hub-bub. There is substantial research and evidence to suggest that the human digestive system is not designed to process meat, thats all Im saying here.

i just ate a big bad hamburger (home made even bigger). I guess i'm gonna die now!:lol:
btw it isn't that hot anymore in seattle right now, it was OK today. i hope tomorow it is going to rain Seattle style

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Jesus christ people dont get all in a hub-bub. There is substantial research and evidence to suggest that the human digestive system is not designed to process meat, thats all Im saying here.

To be blunt, no there is not.

FretsAflame said:
To be blunt, no there is not.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no, your wrong bucko. I've seen considerable amounts of research (and no, not just PETA and Vegan sources) on both sides of the issue.

Someone doesn't want people eating meat? Well... fuck you, I am going to eat 1 chicken breast, 1 hamburger, 1 steak, 1 pork chop, 1 lamb chop, and an entire baby tomorrow just to spite you.

Will Bozarth said:
well, who gives a shit? meat tastes good, end of story. we fill our bodies with junk that does nothing but hurts our bodies every day anyway

Dude that attitude is what has made us the fattest nation in the world :lol:

Your right though, meats not really worth arguing over.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no, your wrong bucko. I've seen considerable amounts of research (and no, not just PETA and Vegan sources) on both sides of the issue.

That's great, I'm glad you've seen research on both sides of the issue. I'm one year away from a degree in animal biology. Humans can not digest cellulose. If we don't eat meat then we are destined to suck down synthesized nutrients, and if you wan't to talk about natural versus unnatural, well then - it's not natural to take dietary supplements. Protein shakes and multivitamins don't grow on trees. There is a reason that vegetarians must supplement to remain healthy. Humans are designed to eat meat. You don't have to look any farther than the teeth to tell you this, we are omnivorous creatures. We have the capacity to sustain life on tree bark for god's sake, that doesn't mean it's nutritious. We however, lack a cecum, which makes us unable to efficiently break down cellulose. This is why plants make you have cleaner and thicker bowel movements, and in some cases cause constipation.

Bottom line is we are designed (evolution/god/wtfe) to eat meat and draw large amounts of energy from it.

FretsAflame said:
it's not natural to take dietary supplements. Protein shakes and multivitamins don't grow on trees. There is a reason that vegetarians must supplement to remain healthy.
Yup, I agree on this point.

Humans are designed to eat meat. You don't have to look any farther than the teeth to tell you this, we are omnivorous creatures. We have the capacity to sustain life on tree bark for god's sake, that doesn't mean it's nutritious. We however, lack a cecum, which makes us unable to efficiently break down cellulose. This is why plants make you have cleaner and thicker bowel movements, and in some cases cause constipation.

Im aware of all the points you raised, yes they are valid. I've also seen logical (at least in my eyes) alternatives to what you have stated. But look, its obvious you know a great deal more about it than me, Im not going to pretend Im an expert on things Im not. I concede.

lordofthesewers said:
no that is because of people eating FAT meat+lots of sugar and not exercising. blame canada, i mean mcdonalds

The statement was-

we fill our bodies with junk that does nothing but hurts our bodies every day anyway

I think sugars, fats, etc, fall under that catagorey.

EricT said:
Someone doesn't want people eating meat? Well... fuck you, I am going to eat 1 chicken breast, 1 hamburger, 1 steak, 1 pork chop, 1 lamb chop, and an entire baby tomorrow just to spite you.

Dude, just reading that makes me have to have a "movement". :ill:

FretsAflame said:
That's great, I'm glad you've seen research on both sides of the issue. I'm one year away from a degree in animal biology.

OT: Out of curiosity, where do you go to school? What are your specific interests and your thesis/research projects, if you had any? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Although my degree is in Environmental Science, my area of interest was in marine ecology/marine biology.