Thumbs up if you like Spring!

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
This winter has been stupid long. Until today, the temperature in Seattle hasn't gotten above 60 degrees since November 4th. We had huge snowstorms at the beginning of Winter and then it mellowed out and just stayed gray and chilly with lots of rain and wind until about mid February, when the torrential sideways downpour took effect for 3 weeks. It was lame as shit and made the Winter feel soooooo long. In fact, this year marks the 5th latest date that it's finally gotten above 55 degrees. In other words, this was a long fucking Winter season.

It took it's toll on my sanity, but today I went for a walk on my lunch break and my soul was rejuvenated! It's warm and sunny and Spring is in the air.

So a big "HELL YEAH!!!" to some nicer weather and warmer temps. I always get into a seriously apathetic mood about life in general towards the end of Winter every year. This year was particularly difficult with additional stress factors added in but it's ending now and I can feel it. This is one of my favorite times of year!

Too bad the rain is supposed to come back this weekend haha. Luckily Spring rain is better than Winter rain :)

I don't mind sweating at all. In fact, I actually rather like it. It generally doesn't get hot enough around here to warrant sweat with no physical exertion, so when I do sweat it's usually because I'm doing something awesome.

My last truck didn't have air conditioning though, and THAT was annoying. That thing was a sweat box for sure. 10 summers I drove that thing with no AC and still never got used to it.

i'd rather drive with the window down than use the AC, anyway. looove that wind. then again, i hated the window down when I had the long hair. by the time I'd get to where i was going, my hair would be in a huge fucking knot

I don't mind sweating at all. In fact, I actually rather like it. It generally doesn't get hot enough around here to warrant sweat with no physical exertion, so when I do sweat it's usually because I'm doing something awesome.

My last truck didn't have air conditioning though, and THAT was annoying. That thing was a sweat box for sure. 10 summers I drove that thing with no AC and still never got used to it.
I stink when I sweat, and it gets into the 110s here, so sweat can happen just because you're awake and checked the mail.

i'd rather drive with the window down than use the AC, anyway. looove that wind. then again, i hated the window down when I had the long hair. by the time I'd get to where i was going, my hair would be in a huge fucking knot
I love the wind too, but it really is hard with long hair. The hats certainly help with that. In my old AC-less truck, I usually just kept the window halfway down to create a happy medium of as much wind blowage as possible with the least hair in my face as possible. I think that's how I was able to tolerate it for so long.

The weather has been pretty dark and dreary, and I haven't had a decent amount of sun in weeks. The neighboring town had a tornado, which was very bizarre, etc..but I've noticed that all the wildflowers are coming out, so yay for spring!!!

I do enjoy spring, but the other day I was driving to Boston and it was snowing pretty heavily. The sky was gray, I had a cup of hot coffee with me and was listening to the new Omnium Gatherum album (highly recommended. It was very relaxing and made me realize that I do quite like the winter time.