You should check out Autumnblaze if you like newer Katatonia

Got both the new album and their new mini-CD, but "Bleak" is still my favourite.

Would you recommend "Lighthouses"? What direction are they taking with this MCD? I'm not very fond of the last album and hope for a step back to the sound of "Bleak"...

Originally posted by my dying groom
Would you recommend "Lighthouses"? What direction are they taking with this MCD? I'm not very fond of the last album and hope for a step back to the sound of "Bleak"...

Then I guess "Lighthouses" will disappoint you. It's not drastically different from "Mute boy sad girl". The songs are relatively mellow, with acoustic guitars and all that.

my opinion might be unpopular... but i prefer autumnblaze's first album, dammerelben tragodie. by far :)

Originally posted by mourningstar
my opinion might be unpopular... but i prefer autumnblaze's first album, dammerelben tragodie. by far :)

Me too.... I think the other 2 albums (bleak and Mute Boy) is good as well, but they have a couple of songs which I skip each time I listen to 'em, where when I listen to Dämenelbentragödie I hear all the songs.... The best work from Markus B. however is Paragon of Beauty, their album "Comfort Me, Infinity" was probably the second best in 2001 (yeah guess what number one is???):)

ColdDarkNord, you need no advertising, but we're all with you! :)
if you drew the cover for that album, i bet half of us would have it as their wallpaper.