You Tube teasers

I also think the teaser videos on youtube are a great promotion tool, in fact Blabbermouth and several other online metal zines are linking that full album teaser to their pages in regards to the new album release information.

It's tastefully put together and doesn't give too much away, 15 minutes out of a 65 minute album isn't too bad. :)

It's got over 3,000 hits already and has all the release info on it so I wonder how many sales it has garnered. :)

As for the full track videos, well those can get deleted I feel. :eek:

i listen to the long youtube teaser once or twice a day and usually try to tell my friends to listen to it or tell their friends to check PQ out

Well, I really can't wait for the album to be released...It will complete my set! I've been listening to the teasers, yet, the album will be awesome! Can let you know which UK gig I'm attending...THUMPS UP! \m/

Well unfortunately I've had to get our management to act on another bunch of You Tube "blood alliance" uploads.....one fuckwit even uploaded the whole album! They will have 24 hours to remove or face legal action.

Thanks to those of you who pointed these uploads out to me over the weekend :)

It was only a matter of time before someone did - I suppose with YouTube at least some positive exposure can come from it as it's a viral site and gets billions of views a day. I don't think I'd mind so much if a few songs were uploaded, but the entire album is a bit too much at this stage in the game!

Yeah, the bright side is the promotion and exposure that it gives to the album. It's available on many other sharing sites now though, I've seen.

Really sorry to hear about that, guys. I'm actually surprised it wasn't leaked before the Japanese release - were no promotional copies sent out? That seems to be how albums get leaked so far in advance, but I was curious as to whether or not it had been leaked during the wait, and surprisingly it wasn't! So at least there's that, eh?

Really sorry to hear about that, guys. I'm actually surprised it wasn't leaked before the Japanese release - were no promotional copies sent out? That seems to be how albums get leaked so far in advance, but I was curious as to whether or not it had been leaked during the wait, and surprisingly it wasn't! So at least there's that, eh?

Promo copies were sent out through Marquee/Avalon but the Japanese are more honourable when it comes to stuff like this. :Smug:

Anyways, as sucky as it is that these douchebags keep uploading the album, they don't really last long. ;)

Well i'm as surprised by this as i am by people who upload albums/songs to piracy sites...and to people who download them, too.

Based on the feedback out management has received when contacting people who have uploaded to You Tube, they seem to think that they are actually supporting the band by spreading the music around and are actually quite sorry when they realise the real situation.

Based on the feedback out management has received when contacting people who have uploaded to You Tube, they seem to think that they are actually supporting the band by spreading the music around and are actually quite sorry when they realise the real situation.

Haha the same point, or matter I thought of too. However, there is a clash between Management and the free-speech of internet I guess?

I can understand that way of thinking, if, those people would have uploaded one song. But, they uploaded the entire album, essentially giving away the entire album for free, that is just plain ignorant in my opinion and they know exactly what they are doing.

That's good that they are sorry and realize after they are told to remove it, but common sense dictates, doesn't it?

If people really wanted to help support and promote the band they should be spreading the official links and maybe an album teaser and the 5th track like the ones that are up on youtube, reverbnation, etc., I would think.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh with my assumptions...

I guess i understand them. The YT vids does atleast some good, as long as people don't upload the whole album, right?

But isn't it up to the band to upload songs on yt if they want to?

Speakin of which, you should either make a new yt acc(powerquestofficial or something) or keep your old one updated=)(know this has been mentioned before)