You will die!

Do an afterlife exist?

• Hell yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Hell no

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters
I havn't read this page yet which you linked to, but I do believe in an after-life (after my body's death) as energy. not as stereotypical "ghost" that everyone will picture now. more a shapeless form of energy

opacity said:
I havn't read this page yet which you linked to, but I do believe in an after-life (after my body's death) as energy. not as stereotypical "ghost" that everyone will picture now. more a shapeless form of energy

Wow, that is exactly what I believe.

rahvin said:
i'd like to stay dead forever, when the time comes. as much as i like my life, at some point every joke gets stale.

rahvin.

For the most part, I do like life, but I also welcome the serenity of death... :) When it comes, I will not run, (as if I would have much choice, lol)

Reactions: opacity
I agree with Lethe78 :) I enjoy my life in my present physical state. I like being alive (what is "normally" considered alive). but I wouldn't want the process of dying being prolonged by for example keeping me "alive" artificially (when in coma, or being terminally ill). I have no suicidal tendencies at all, I'm not striving for death.
but when it's my turn to step into another form of existence, then I will know it's time and won't impede the transition/transformation process.

Reactions: Lethe78
Haven't yet decided :p

Seriously... I do believe in after-life, the immortality of a human soul.
It would be so pointless to live here just a short time and after that die and just vanish in the open air.

i don't believe in an afterlife; probably that's due to a lack of faith or imagination, you choose.
if there is one, i'll give my room to the best offerer.

I don't believe in an afterlife. I would like there to be one though, as I feel that the life I am living on this earth is very unfulfilling. I actually wish I had another shot at life on earth. I believe that after death is eternal nothingness, similar to before you were born. I am very scared of death.

Living in this life is not always so very fulfilling, actually most of the time I am unhappy.
That's why I believe and hope there is the afterworld which is so much better than the present - and beyond our understanding.
Eventually... we'll understand it.

I don't believe at the afterlife. I think that death is like a veeeeeeery long sleep without dreaming and no awakening. I don't believe that there are any energies or soul or something. I believe that human is only a being with physical state only.

opacity said:
hm... I don't think it's a matter of faith or imagination. more what you personally feel or sense.

yes, well. only, if you don't feel or sense anything specific or at all, it seems to me like a lack of faith.
i wouldn't say imagination, because i can imagine an afterlife just as i can imagine a ten feet tall fire giant tossing little flame gnomes my way. but in this latter case i'm playing enclave, while in the former i feel i'm imagining a lie. :)

rahvin.

opacity said:
That's a ghost.

opacity said:
hm... I don't think it's a matter of faith or imagination. more what you personally feel or sense.
That's faith/imagination.

I "don't believe" in this sort of stale topic which crops up regularly.

opacity said:

Well of course; that's physics m'boy!!!! Your bodyheat fades and becomes heat energy outside your body in the air and your clothes, your decomposing flesh provides chemical and biological sustenance for countless bacteria and other micro-organisms......becoming a shapeless form of energy after death isn't a belief or option; it happens as a scientific fact!