Young Musician, Need advice

I am way too lazy to read through all of the replies here (though I normally do) because I laughed to myself about the guy......... and came back in much later. Even if I missed a lot of the replies.... if this guy is interested in grunge, but cares enough about his playing to post on a musician forum, maybe he honestly does want to create some musically expressive grunge metal. Go for it dude !! I don't know that you have realized what you want to do, but as long as you are playing what is in your heart who cares ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
I am way too lazy to read through all of the replies here (though I normally do) because I laughed to myself about the guy......... and came back in much later. Even if I missed a lot of the replies.... if this guy is interested in grunge, but cares enough about his playing to post on a musician forum, maybe he honestly does want to create some musically expressive grunge metal. Go for it dude !! I don't know that you have realized what you want to do, but as long as you are playing what is in your heart who cares ?

Bryant

As usual...VERY well said Bryant.

I love Musicians. I love Girls that understands rythm and that can play an instrument. I enjoy working with people who have a sence of Tempo. I enjoy having a Room full of Music heads and Musicians. I Respect anyone who plays Music other than mainstream pop (IE. people who dont write their own music). I also like fucking with people. But boiled down, underground, deep beneath Slavematic Sound, Alys a Grey Man- with apology at hand, for those to whom will accept, A Gift from Head over Hand.

(Quote-Mazah
And just when i thought you couldn't make much more of a clown out of yourself... Was that "poem" ( ) a lyric for one of your grunge metal songs?)

Nope. When i was about 7or 8, 20 other kids and I use to sit out on the playgrounds and Freestyle rap, and rap to songs that were hits back then (ghetto rap). I went to a school that was 70% African American and 30 %other (mostly White trash) in the Nothen-World of Alabama. I would never put my lyrics on a website, those are just head at hand.

Spooke
7 Strings
14 Fingers
Silent E

USMC0341 said:
As usual...VERY well said Bryant.

As I was reading replies to my reply, I ran across yours and as usual, you are the consumate professional as well.

Hell would be someone making me listen to John Denver sing, but listening to his acoustic guitar multi-part instrumentation (often with mandolin etc. as well) makes my mouth hang open. I am a proud, loud and pompous metal-head (though I try to be a nice guy) but if you a true artist and believe in what you do, who cares what style of music it is. Being a musician is very personal and though I listen to 97% metal, one of my guitar heroes is David Gilmour. His phrasing and accuracy is so precise and beautiful, half of the German guitarists in Germany (I am just joking here) probably want to kill him as their phrasing and accuracy is what makes the German greats what they are.
Vito Bratta is/was also one of my faves. I don't really care for "hair-metal" (less Cinderella) but Vito forgot more about playing solos than I will ever know. Talk about an underrated player !! Lastly, Mick Mars..... the guy is technically deficient, but he "owns" his sound. I can run circles around Mick as a guitarist technically speaking, but Mick always sounds like Mick !! He is THE most recognizable guitarist (second would be Billy Gibbons) in the world as far as tone.

Bryant