Your 5 most favourite bands

scaleo

瑞典人
Dec 29, 2005
[sorry if this has been done before, I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything]

Since we all like(/love) Dark Tranquillity I thought it would be fun to know what all of you consider your favourite music. Maybe some of us will discover a new awesome band with this little thing :)

Okay, so my idea was:
*write down the 5 bands/artists you like the most (except DT - but you could ofcourse still rank them if you want to! (but 5 bands other than DT))
*write down.... let's say, 3-5 songs each band have made that you think is good!

(if you'd like to share the top-8 artist or 20 songs of each, feel free to do so, the above is more like 'guidelines')

ok, so I'll start...

...in a clean post:

(1. DT - I don't think I have to mention any songs)
2. Insomnium - Shades of deep green, Death walked the Earth, Bereavement
(3. In Flames - Dial 595-escape, The quiet place, Metaphor)
(4. Children of Bodom - Towards dead end, Bodom beach terror, Angels don't kill)
5. Tristania - Angellore, Aphelion, My lost Lenore, Heretique
6. Amon Amarth - Legends of a banished man, Pursuit of Vikings, Vs the world
7. Arch Enemy - Dead eyes see no future, We will rise, Leader of the rats
8. Thyrfing - Världsspegeln, Vansinnesvisan, Vi gingo ut i strid

since I guess In Flames and Children of Bodom isn't new to anyone I added 5 bands apart from them.

1. DT-now don't be so surprised,although I know this is a big shock to everybody :)...all songs too good
2. In Flames-Trigger,Pinball map,Cloud Connected,Come clarity,and all others
3. Children of Bodom-Everytime I die,Follow the reaper,Living dead beat
4. Helloween-The tale that wasn't right,I want out,Dark ride,Open your life
5. Sonata Arctica-Replica,Full moon,Black sheep,The end of this chapter,Last drop falls
And 100 others, I really listen many bands,this is just what's keeping my ears bizzy most of the time lately

Wow, 2 people listing In Flames and no mention of any song from the pre-Clayman era.

1. Alice in Chains - Rotten Apple, Got Me Wrong, Rain When I Die, Nutshell
2. Amorphis - Alone, Weeper on the Shore, The Way, In the Beginning
3. In Flames - Jester Script Transfigured, Moonshield, Coerced Coexistence, Swim
4. Opeth - To Bid You Farewell, The Amen Corner, Karma, Black Rose Immortal
5. Isis - Carry, The Beginning and the End, So Did We, In Fiction

I could easily substitute about 50 other bands in any of the 2-5 spots, but we'll go with this lineup for now.

In Flames-(Jotun, The Jester Race, Resin,Trigger, Upon an oaken throne)
Solefald-(Countryside Bohemians, When the moon is on the wave, Omnipolis, The USA dont exist, Hyperhuman, Sun I call, Crater of the Valkyrs, Montblanc providence crow)
Jesu-(Heart ache, Tired of me, man/woman, walk on water)
Burst-(Scavenger, black but shining, vortex, mercy liberation, stormwielder)
30 seconds to Mars-(Capricorn, edge of the earth, echolon, a beautiful lie, was it a dream?)

DT
In Flames (Behind Space, Artifacts of The Black Rain, Juton, Upon An Oaken Throne)
Metallica (Master Of Puppets, Fade To Black, Ride The Lightning, Motorbreath)
Iron Maiden (Phantom Of The Opera, Where Eagles Dare, Caught Somewhere In Time, Aces High)
Alice Cooper (Steven, Billion Dollar Babies, Eighteen)

1.Tool: Swamp Song/46&2/Opiate
2.StrappingYoungLad//DevinTownsend: Aftermath/Shitstorm//Earth Day/Gaia
3.In Flames: The Quiet Place/Trigger
4.Ani Kyd: erase/left holding the bag
5.Sepultura: Infected Voice/ Roots Bloody Roots

Ive been listenin to alot of DT lately (past yr) but while great, not one of the favs. This all might change after the 18th in Millvale, Pa

1.Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge, Foul Body Autopsy, Advanced Corpse Tumor, Ignominious and Pale, Only Ash Remains, Seven
2.Carcass - Corporal Jigsore Quandary, Heartwork, Arbeit Macht Fleisch, Blind Bleeding the Blind, Certificate of Death
3.Solefald - Jernlov, CK II Channel no.6, Proprietors of Red, Backpacka Baba, Liberation of Destiny, Sun I Call
4.Madder Mortem - Breaker of Words, To Kill and Kill Again, Traitors Mark, Necropol Lit, Omnivore and especially RUST CLEANSING
5.Dark Tranquillity - too many to mention, but the initiation was Skydancer, especially Crimson Winds, Shadow Duet and Alone

Dark Tranquillity - Feast of Burden, Crimson Winds, The Same, Wonders At Your Feet

In Flames - Mane Made God, Clayman, Bullet Ride, Pinball Map

Motley Crue - Red Hot, Too Fast For Love, Girls Girls Girls

Alexisonfire - Counterparts and Number Them, White Devil, Charlie Sheen vs. Henry Rollins, Waterwings

Dimmu Borgir - Hybrid Stigmata, Reptile, Blessings Upon The Throne of Tyranny

Top 5
-Dark tranquillity obviously:cool:
-Slipknot: (sic), Eyeless, Wait and bleed, Do nothing / bitchslap
-Pantera: Cowboys from hell, Revolution is my name, 13 steps to nowhere, Domination
-System of a down: Sugar, Toxicity, Spiders, Chop suey, Johnny, Aerials
-Rage against the machine: Killing in the name, Know your enemy, Take the power back

But because probably all of you already know these bands, here are some other bands/albums that I like and are worth checking:
-Slash's snakepit: ''Ain't life grand''
-W.a.s.p.: ''The crimson idol''
-Trans-siberian orchestra: ''Beethoven's last night''
-Tristania: ''Beyond the veil''
-Galloglass: ''Legends from now and nevermore''
-Ensiferum: ''Ensiferum''
-Graveworm: ''When daylight's gone''
-Bad religion: ''Process of belief''
-Zero down: ''Lifetime to pay''

If you dare to listen to things not so metal...
-The mahavishnu orchestra
-Vaya con dios
-Leonarad Cohen
-Joan Baez
-Asian dub foundation
:wave:

1-katatonia(every song)
2-in flames(clayman stuff)
3-sentenced(killing me killing you,broken,farewell)
4-dt-(haven stuff and lethe of course)
5-blindside(the whole silence album)

1- Amon Amarth : Bleed For Ancient Gods, Siegreicher Marsch, Bastards of A Lying Breed, An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm, Death in Fire.

2- Detonation : An Epic Defiance, Forever Buried Pain, The Last of my commands, Into Sulphur I Descend, The Source To Delve.

3- Children of Bodom : The Nail, In The Shadows, Red Light in my Eyes pt.I, Kissing The Shadows, Black Widow.

4- At The Gates : Slaughter of the Soul, Unto Others, World of Lies, Stardrowned, The Break of Autumn.

5- Primordial : The Gathering Wilderness, The Golden Spiral, Sons of the Morrigan, Glorious Dawn, Tragedy's Birth.

6- Therion : Via Nocturna (integral), Evocation of Vovin, Nightside of Eden, Invocation of Naamah, Wine of Aluqah.

7- Opeth : In Mist She Was Standing, The Night and the Silent Water, Ghost of Perdition, Advent, April Ethereal.

Sickman said:
Wow, 2 people listing In Flames and no mention of any song from the pre-Clayman era.

1. Alice in Chains - Rotten Apple, Got Me Wrong, Rain When I Die, Nutshell
2. Amorphis - Alone, Weeper on the Shore, The Way, In the Beginning
3. In Flames - Jester Script Transfigured, Moonshield, Coerced Coexistence, Swim
4. Opeth - To Bid You Farewell, The Amen Corner, Karma, Black Rose Immortal
5. Isis - Carry, The Beginning and the End, So Did We, In Fiction

YES Jester Script Transfigured is THE BEST in flames song!

Besides Dark Tranquillity and In Flames,

Nevermore- (Poison God Machine, Inside Four Walls, Ambivalent, The Sorrowed Man)

Death- (Pull the Plug, Scavenger of Human Sorrow, Suicide Machine, 1,000 Eyes)

Atheist ( Mother Man, On they Slay, Unquestionable Presence, An Incarnations Dream)

Jag Panzer (Generally Hostile, Shadow Thief, Frozen in Fear, Three Voices of Fate)

Iron Maiden (The Phantom of the Opera, The Prisoner, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Back in the Village)

Megadeth (TAKE NO PRISONERS, Good Mourning/Black Friday, Holy Wars, Wake up Dead)

:headbang:

Hey first of all hi to everyone, i was away for a long time but i hope i can post again! :)
So
1) DT Midway through infinity - Of chaos and eternal night - Zodijackyl light (but really thousand of stuff to be mentioned: i really love this band :) )
2) REM (yeah i know it will sound weird to you but...it is :p ) Fall on me - Nightswimming - The sidewinder sleeps tonite
3) Blind Guardian Nightfall in middle earth - The Bards song - Born in a mourning hall
4) In Flames Jotun - Dead god in me - Embody The Invisible
5) The Doors Love her madly - Break on through - The crystal ship

but then how to forget maybe the best metal song imo Trespass by The Haunted? or Dissection? or old Iron Maiden? old Agnostic Front? Pantera?

Dafne said:
Hey first of all hi to everyone, i was away for a long time but i hope i can post again! :)
1) DT Midway through infinity -

Midway = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

and welcome back to the only forum that has overcome and survived (almost) a gayness invasion. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask marduk.

RampageSword said:
Midway = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

and welcome back to the only forum that has overcome and survived (almost) a gayness invasion. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask marduk.
do you also like midway? if you consider that it's my fave song from my fave band you can imagine how I like it! :)
and what about the gayness? C'm on I'm so curious!!!!!!! and thanx for yr nice re-welcome! :)

The whole gayness thing is just a runnning joke that's been going on the forum about a week ago. Mainly, everything at the said time was gay. So was everybody. Pretty d*** funny yet so pointless...you gotta love it!

Midway is actually one of my fave but my #1 is Tongues :kickass:

Hello I'm new on this forum...being listening to DT since the mid nineties...

MY favs are:

King Crimson (all their albums are really awesome, THE WORLD'S MY OYSTER SOUP / KITCHEN FLOOR WAX MUSEUM is my favourite song by them right now)...(Non metal)

NIGHTINGALE/DAN SWANO (Add reality from the Moontower album, and Atlantis rising from "Invisible" are the ones that I like more, Edge of Sanity's "Loosing myself" it's pretty good too and of course the two "crimsons")

KATATONIA (The new album's gonna be a masterpiece I just have the single and man I love this band!)

And surely you know a lot about IRON MAIDEN and SLAYER wich are my two ultimate favourite metal bands!!!

Apart from metal I listen to a lot of progressive rock and yeh I even like country music:D