Your 5 most favourite bands

and Helloweeeeeeeen! Up till Keeper II. I knew i was forgetting something!

Old stuff, but i guess there's a small chance that someone will actually read my post and say "oh, you like Lacuna Coil? I have their first song, do you want it? You know, the one they made before they were called Lacuna Coil" or something of the sort (although the real reason for this thread is most likely, unless i'm über-paranoid, that you want to get a list of artists and songs to download because you've become bored with the music you have; it's alright, it happens to me every now and then too), so here i go:

Lacuna Coil - The entire "Unleashed memories" album is amazing, and "Comalies", "In a reverie" and "Halflife" aren't too far behind (especially the latter two). The "Karmacode" preview sounds interesting; let's see what they have to offer in 2006. Amazing female vocals (most beautiful voice i've ever heard) and great male backing vocals and guitar+electronics. And you can download pics too (Cristina Scabbia is, in my opinion, the most good-looking woman in existence).

Sirenia - Each subsequent album has been a step down from the previous one ("Sirenian shores" was terrible; i'm honestly scared of whatever it is they'll release next), but "An elixir for existence" is still a good album and has a couple of brilliant songs. "At sixes and sevens" (their first album) is easily one of the best albums i've ever heard: nigh-perfect from the first note of "Meridian" (although it does begin kind of too suddenly and strongly for a first album) to the last of "In sumerian haze", and how the songs progressively become calmer and sadder (or something) until they reach the end of the album with what is one of the saddest songs and best violins i've ever heard ("In sumerian haze").

Something Corporate - While punk, rock and emo are overcrowded with shitty little bands with elaborate names, empty lyrics and repetitive chords and song titles, SoCo does have some very shitty songs (like "Drunk girl" and "If you c Jordan") but mostly writes interesting lyrics with music that's slightly more elaborate than most punk/rock/emo bands'. They have a couple of absolutely brilliant songs, and whoever writes the lyrics has an ability to write beautiful stories. "Konstantine" is the single song with the most beautiful lyrics i've ever heard/read in a song (while much more straightforward than DT and not nearly as dark, metaphoric and artistic, the story this song tells and the way it tells it are amazing). I uploaded the lyrics at http://www.freewebs.com/undocontrol/konstantine.html in case anyone wants to check them out and see what the song is about.

I could go on and on and on and on and on for the whole night, but i really need to read some stuff about DNA sequencing methods.

Hellooo!!!

i'm new to this forum, and i thought this thread could be a nice place to drop by and say hi...

so:
fave 5 bands in random order (except for DT, obviously) with some of songs i like best:

- dissection ("unhallowed" both the old and new versions, i just can't stop listening to that masterpiece, i like also the two new track from the upcoming album)

- metallica (anything from master of puppets, and nothing since then ;) )

- testament (eerie inhabitants, trial by fire, over the wall)

- slayer (hell awaits, altar of sacrifice, raining blood)

- depeche mode (enjoy the silence, but i really love anything from this band)

the best DT songs IMHO : punish my heaven, lost to apathy, hedon

in no particular order:
- Anathema: Fragile Dreams, Flying, Angelica... and so many more, they are all good
- Dark Tranquillity: The Gallery, ThereIn, Lost To Apathy... once again hard to decide
- Primordial: The Coffin Ships, Gods To The Godless, Autumns Ablaze, Journeys End
- Opeth: Black Rose Immortal, Benighted, Bleak, In My Time Of Need...
- Coheed & Cambria: Welcome Home, The Crowing, Ten Speed
- Nevermore: Heartcollector, Believe in Nothing, Burn
- Mercenary: Firesoul, 11 Dreams
- My Dying Bride: The Cry Of Mankind, A Kiss To Remember, A Cruel Taste Of Winter

its more than 5 but nevermind lol

Killswitch Engage - life to lifeless, just barely breathing, self revolution, one last sunset, declaration

Metallica - ...and justice for all, the shortest straw, blackened, to live is to die, the thing that should not be

Alice In Chains - rooster, again, would, down in a hole, no excuses

Unearth - bloodlust of the human condition, predetermined sky, false idols, my heart bleeds no longer, my desire

Sevendust - crucified, shine, black, rumble fish, angel's son

Primus - jerry the race car driver, dmv, here they come, wynona's big brown beaver, my name is mudd

too many to list from DT so i'll just list one favorite from each album, projector-character because i don't like thy're older stuff as much

to a bitter halt, emptier still, single part of two, am i.

Hello there Ic3queen! I can guarantee you'll have a good time here on the board because, everybody here is great or hilarious, or both.

Here I go;

- Paradise Lost -- (Hallowed Land, Embers Fire, Jaded)

- Anathema -- (Empty, Forgotten Hopes, Judgement)

- Metallica -- (For Whom The Bell Tolls, Master Of Puppets, Fixxxer)

- AC/DC -- (Touch Too Much, Thunderstruck, You Shook Me All Night Long)

- DT -- (Rundown, Tidal Tantrum, Silence And The Firmament Withdrew)

Now I want to underline something. Whenever I talked to a DT fan about their songs, I heard no mention of "Tidal Tantrum" which is in my opinion a hidden treasure. I wonder why it is hidden. Maybe because recording quality is below average, maybe because it is not coplicated as other DT songs or maybe for it is very short (3 minutes). Or probably I just have a special sympathy for it but I always get great reactions when I suggest it to someone. Attention please...

Hi there khanyon...hope you'll enjoy here...and for Tidal Tantrum:It's a great song,I love it...but then I'm not subjective :D...I love all their songs...maybe you heard no mention of TT 'cause people say only few best songs in their opinion,which is always different from one to another person...

Hi Rincewind, already enjoying..

You are %100 right. I know it seems stupid, like saying someone "love this song, love it !". But for some reason I always think TT is dis-respected. Maybe if DT played it in some live gigs, it would be liked much. Well, actually this last sentence fits with all the DT songs... OK.. I take it back. Tidal Tantrum is just an ordinary masterpiece by DT. Thank you mate, I'm much clearer and wiser now. :)

Welcome, khanyon. "Enjoi". ;)

"Tidal" is a great song, but it has the misfortune of being in the same album as "Constant" (which everyone asks things about), "Insanity's" (which is amazing almost beyond words), "Hedon" (which everyone seems to like) and "Zodijackyl" (which is way overrated imo), so it doesn't get much attention.

Well mines subject to constant change, but right now...

Neurosis - Best songs are 'The Web', 'The Tide', 'Falling Unkown' and 'the eye of every storm'. Best album is souls at zero.

Dark Tranquillity - I love everything they've ever done. My Faeryland Forgotten, Haven, Fabric, The same, The Endless Feed, Away Delight Away, Mine's the Grandeur of Mellancholy Burning and White Noise/Black Silence are my favourites probably. Best album is Haven.

Kayo Dot - The Manifold Curiosity... no more need be said. Wayfarer too I guess. Just so much going on with them... it's such an unbelievably perfect application of this arty avantegarde approach... So much atmosphere and power in the music. Brings me to my knees.

Disillusion - Alone I stand... In FIRE!!! *Daw daga daw dagadaga daw dagadaga daw digi daw daw daw*!!! So good. and Back to times of splendor, the opening to that song is just so full and like, imageful (can't think of the word) but it's like, heaven on a stick!

When day Descends - Discovery. Just some of the best song writting ever. I must have listened to that song 100+ times and it never ever bores me. Not only that, but I can't find a single fault in it. Everything is in place, and it just builds to such a powerful moment towards the end.

When I be a big rockstar and rule the metal people of the world, I will cover Tidal Tanrum and release it as a cover, make a video of it. :lol:

1. Opeth (Ghost of Perdition, Bleak, By the Pain I See in Others, Godhead's Lament, The Drapery Falls)
2. Pain of Salvation (The Perfect Element, In the Flesh, Undertow, A Trace of Blood, Revival)
3. Lacrimosa (Hohelied Der Liebe, Sapphire, Liebesspiel, Kyrie, Alleine Zu Zweit)
4. Dark Tranquillity (Single Part of Two, Am I 1?, On Your Time, Ego Drama, The Endless Feed)
5. Symphony X (A Fool's Paradise, The Edge of Forever, Candlelight Fantasia, Absence of Light, Smoke & Mirrors)
6. Savatage (Symmetry, If I Go Away, When the Crowds Are Gone, One Child, The Wake of Magellan)
7. In Flames (Bullet Ride, Ordinary Story, Borders & Shading, Jotun, Bottled)

1. Dark Tranquillity (Undo Control, Exposure, Hours Passed in Exile, The Treason Wall, Not Built to Last, Lethe, Senses Tied. GAH too many to name:Spin: )
2. Mastodon- (Mother Puncher, Workhorse, Hail to Fire, Where Strides the Behemoth, Ol' Nessie, Aqua Dementia, Seabeast)
3. The Red Chord-(Dreaming in Dog Years, Nihilist, Lay the Tarp, Black Santa, Like a Train Through a Pidgeon)
4. Nevermore-(Dreaming Neon Black, Narcosynthesis, Born, My Acid Words, Next in Line, Believe in Nothing, Dead Heart in a Dead World, Deconstruction, Enemies of Reality)
5. Darkest Hour-(An Epitaph, Patriot Virus, Veritas Aequitas, The Hollow, Tranquil, Sound the Surrender)

But hell it could change next week.

Bah, Plintus-how can your favorite A7X CD be city of evil... they sold out just like all the other shitty CA bands do...

As for me...

In Flames-Moonshield, Swim, Jotun, Artifacts of the Black Rain, Gyroscope
Dark Tranquillity-Lethe, Punish my Heaven, Single Part of Two, Feast of Burden, Edenspring, A Bolt of Blazing Gold

Others-

Hell Within- A World to Murder, Godspeed to your Deathbed, Bleeding me Black, Swallow the Stiches, Open eyes to Open Wounds
Shadows Fall-First Noble Truth, Fleshold, To Ashes, Root Bound Apollo, Acts of Contrition
Killswith Engage-A Bid Farewell, My Last Serenade, Numbered Days, Fixation on the Darkness, In the Unblind
Kalmah-Heroes to Us, They Will Return, Withering Away, My Nation, Human Fates
Unearth-Failure, Zombie Autopilot, Black Hearts Now Reign, The Great Dividers

4 Mass bands... can you guess where I'm from :)