your best rectifier sound with plug-ins

pifos_2

des scoubidoubidous wha !
Jan 15, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
I have to record DIs for a US rock kind of sound and I'd like to monitor with something that fits the sound a little better than my go-to presets for metal stuff.

Any suggestion ?

I had ok result with Amplitube 2.

The line 6 recto model on gearbox is one of my fav ampsims for this although iv not messed around much with revalver so maybe that is quite good also

Wagner, Curve EQ (+ Dual Recto curve) and an impulse. But unfortunately you can't do real-time monitoring.

Hi. Here's what I do... I use the same plugins but once I get the Curve EQ spectrum I need, I replace it with electricQ ( or any similar EQ) and tweak the curve/sound until it matches the Curve EQ sound. Then take Curve EQ out of the chain and you can have real-time monitoring.

Hmmmmm
Best Recto sound???
Well Check out Flag Burner on my soundclick below and see if you like that tone
http://www.soundclick.com/horizonrecordings
if you do I'll give you the info on it
There's no bass on the track and it's extremely rough, unmixed (The generic response everyone uses for "it's not finished yet" on this forum! hahahaha)
Just let me know what you think

im quite interested in what you used for that sound, is it revalver?
sounds damn good to me

Had my best simulated Recto tones with Revalver Mk III's "Greener"(TS) in front of the "Flathill" (Recti) modern preamp into a Diezel cab impulse...

Used to use Amplitube at some point before but the tone was thinner to my ears than with Rev.