Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Halo Of Blood

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

<Arcane>

Jan 21, 2007
Germany
www.youtube.com
I think it's been a while since we started a thread like that. If I remember right, we skip RRF.

My vote goes definitely to Halo Of Blood. Definitely Bodoms best album and one of the best metal albums for the last years.

HoB, its best from them so far!

EDIT:
Follow the Reaper - Halo of Blood
All the albums are below this except Something Wild because its not Bodom its something Malmsteen classic doom metal stuff. So my least liked album is Something Wild.

Something Wild - Nothing they'll put out will ever dethrone it.

I'm pretty satisfied with Halo of Blood though, took the 3rd place of my favourite CoB albums.

1. Something Wild
2. Hatebreeder
3. Halo Of Blood
4. Blooddrunk
5. Follow The Reaper
6. Hate Crew Deathroll
7. Are You Dead Yet
8. Relentless Reckless Forever

Something Wild - Nothing they'll put out will ever dethrone it.

I'm pretty satisfied with Halo of Blood though, took the 3rd place of my favourite CoB albums.

Even Alexi doesn't like Something Wild. I'm trying so hard to just accept people's opinions, because all those songs by other bands in the "songs like COB" and the album thread are horrible to me.

At this point, I gotta go with Follow the Reaper still. It's basically perfection from style to rhythm and solos. It's got the best melodies and harmonies.

Halo is great, the rhythm playing is very satisfying. But the solos are just good. To this day I'm blown away when I hear Hate Me solo.

Hatebreeder. The only album I can confidently say is worth a 100/100 for me.
It just has this magical thing that I've never felt with any album ever.

I wouldn't let HoB come into my top three (HB, FTR, HCDR), but a large part of that is due to nostalgia. Since I'm no audiophile at all, I can't comment on the albums from a technical or musical standpoint too much.

I will reserve my vote until I get my HoB CD and can give it a proper listen.

Not counting that album I would probably say Hatebreeder is my favorite, followed by Blooddrunk. I know I know......but I really do enjoy Blooddrunk as a whole. I never get tired of listening to it like I do some of the other albums.

Blooddrunk is a cool album, it's just judged unfairly because people automatically look for a different sound when it's COB.

My order of preference is:

Follow the Reaper
Hatebreeder
Halo of Blood
Hate Crew Deathroll
Blooddrunk
Are You Dead Yet?
Something Wild
Relentless Reckless Forever

Halo of Blood
Follow The Reaper
Hatebreeder
Hate Crew Deathroll
Blooddrunk
And no real order of preference for the 3 I didn't mention

EDIT:

Hatebreeder and Halo Of Blood tied first for me. But for individual songs Follow The Reaper is superior. It's just as an entire album it doesn't beat out HB or HoB (for me anyway).

I haven't really "listened" to Halo Of Blood yet. Transcribing the songs just means I listen to one part over and over and it ruins it but once I get a chance to I'll revise my opinion but Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper are still above it so far..

Since you're ranking the albums...

1. Hatebreeder
2. Follow the Reaper
3. Halo of Blood
4. Something Wild
5. Hatecrew Deathroll
6. Relentless Reckless Forever
7. Are You Dead Yet
8. Blooddrunk

I can't. It's so hard to me, anyways, I'll try:

1. Hatebreeder/Follow The Reaper/Hate Crew Deathroll/Halo Of Blood
5. Blooddrunk
6. Relentless Reckless Forever
7. Something Wild
8. Are You Dead Yet?

Follow the reaper! This is the one I used to listen the most, I've got great memories coming from this album. Defenitly my favourite! :)

If I had to write down a preference order it would probably go that way: (Not easy to do, it really depends of my mood)

1. Follow the reaper
2. Hatebreeder
3. Hate Crew Deathroll
4. Something Wild (I love this one, but I listen more to the previous ones so ...)
5. Halo Of Blood
6. Are You Dead Yet?
7. Relentless Reckless Forever
8. Blooddrunk (I don't like this one at all ...)

As of 2013, my most listened to and favorite Bodom album is Halo of Blood, because it's new. But generally speaking,
1. Follow the Reaper
2. Halo of Blood
3. Hatebreeder
4. HCDR
5. Something Wild
6. Relentless
7. Blooddrunk/AYDY?

I ranked HoB over Hatebreeder simply because it has more songs that I like and I'm not keen on Hatebreeder's overly clean and perfect production. There are some songs on Hatebreeder like Warheart and SNBN that destroy anything on HoB, but songs like Wrath Within, Black Widow, and Children of Bodom usually get skipped. They are all great songs, but they don't catch my attention so much. In COB's case, I like the single version better for whatever reason. I'm sure my opinion will change over time when HoB gets played more. I'll probably be skipping Transference or Scream For Silence since those didn't catch my attention as much as the rest of the album, although they are still really good songs.

I'm not sure about putting Something Wild over Relentless. Production and structure wise, SW sucks, but it has many epic moments, whereas Relentless has less epic moments but better all around songwriting. I feel okay about putting Relentless over BD and AYDY because it's got more HCDR vibes and I like the guitar sound a lot. I had to tie BD and AYDY? because they both have an equal amount of good and bad elements in them.

I just gave a grade to every song based on my personal feelings atm, and got some interesting results. It shows there are many albums, which get 8,0 from me. The difference to my preference however comes from what I feel about the general style of the album, and the impact delivered by the important songs, the artistic theme, etc. For example Hatebreeder gets a relatively low grade from me when I give the average song grade, but that's because it has astounding songs but also weaker songs which hinder the grade. I'm sure if I started comparing and altering my grades it would look different, but this is what I got on a fly:

Follow the Reaper - 9,5
Bodom After Midnight - 8,1
Children of Decadence - 8,6
Everytime I Die - 9,8
Mask of Sanity - 8,7
Taste of My Scythe - 8,3
Hate Me - 7,7
Northern Comfort - 8,1
Kissing the Shadows - 8,0

Waste of Skin - 8,3
Halo of Blood - 9,3
Scream for Silence - 8,9
Transference - 9,3
Bodom Blue Moon - 8,8
The Days Are Numbered - 6,3
Dead Man's Hand on You - 7,9
Damaged Beyond Repair - 7,0
All Twisted - 8,7
One Bottle and a Knee Deep - 8,4

Warheart - 9,3
Silent Night - 10
Hatebreeder - 8,6
Bed of Razors - 8,5
Towards Dead End - 7,4
Black Widow - 6,9
Wrath Within - 6,5
Children of Bodom - 6,3
Downfall - 8,4

Needled 24/7 - 9,3
Sixpounder - 8,2
Chokehold - 8,1
Bodom Beach Terror - 8,3
Angels Don't Kill - 8,9
Triple Corpse Hammerblow - 6,8
You're Better Off Dead - 6,9
Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood - 8,4
Hate Crew Deathroll - 7,3

Living Dead Beat - 9,5
Are You Dead Yet? - 9,0
If You Want Peace... - 7,4
Punch Me I Bleed - 8,7
In Your Face - 7,9
Next In Line - 6,5
Bastards of Bodom - 6,7
Trashed, Lost & Strungout - 9,2
We're Not Gonna Fall - 7,8

Hellhounds on My Trail - 8,8
Blooddrunk - 8,4
Lobodomy - 8,0
One Day You Will Cry - 8,4
Smilex - 7,4
Tie My Rope - 8,7
Done - 6,2
Banned from Heaven- 8,5
Roadkill Morning - 8,4

Deadnight Warrior - 9,0
In the Shadows - 7,9
RLIME 1 - 7,8
RLIME 2 - 6,4
Lake Bodom - 8,5
The Nail - 7,9
Touch - 7,3

Not My Funeral - 8,0
Shovel Knockout - 8,6
Roundtrip - 7,9
Pussyfoot - 7,4
RRF - 7,2
Ugly - 7,6
Cry of the Nihilist - 8,2
WIWI - 7,9
Northpole Throwdown - 7,8

This could be a little misleading, as I would compare the albums as such:

Follow the Reaper - 9,4
Hatebreeder - 9,0
Halo of Blood - 8,8
Hate Crew Deathroll - 8,4
Blooddrunk - 8,2
Are You Dead Yet? - 8,0
Something Wild - 7,7
Relentless Reckless Forever - 6,8

I think I'm going to do that thing this weekend and see how it works.

I love the WTF moment when I read that Joonas loves more AYDY? (song) than HB (song), haha, I didn't expect that, among other grades...

I love the WTF moment when I read that Joonas loves more AYDY? (song) than HB (song), haha, I didn't expect that, among other grades...

This is what I mean... if I actually took time and compared the grades, it could look much different. If I compared HB and AYDY I'd say HB 9,2, AYDY 8,4. Both songs have amazing parts as well as weak parts... But really this is quite mysterious, there's many aspects that affect what grades you give.

You gave Hate Me a 7.7??

WTF

That for me is THE COB song and the one I recommend to people who haven't listened to COB before.