Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
Yet another set of "your favorite" polls.

My vote goes to The Warning. While it's not their "best" album, I've always loved the album and felt it hinted very well at a band who's prime was still yet to come. Plus it had arguably the best song they ever wrote, Take Hold of the Flame.

This is about the toughest "metal" question there is for me. On most days, I consider the first 3 albums (not the EP, only because it is just that) my top 3 albums ever. And while I do consider O: M to be their masterpiece and quite possibly the best album ever, my love for it over the last 19+ years has lessened just a tiny bit, mainly because I've heard it so many freakin' times. So with that being said, I can say pretty comfortably that it is not my favorite album from them (anymore). Which leaves the other 2 gems....

Gun to my head....I'm going with The Warning, no wait, Rage for Order, no, The Warning.....:heh:

I really can't decide, so for the sake of this poll, I'm going with The Warning before my head explodes.

...and for the record, Empire, PL, and yes, even HITNF would all make my top 100 albums of all time.

As time passes, I find myself going back to "Rage" the most. I love every album the band has ever released but the atmosphere of "Rage" just grabs me the most.

I'd rank QR as follows:
Rage
OM
Empire
Tribe (yes, I think it's that good!)
Promised Land
Warning
Hear
OM II
Q2K

The EP. I started drifting off into heavier/uglier territory about that time and honestly never cared all that much for what they did beyond that(I know - blasphemy!). But the EP is just excellent classic Metal to me still.

Also the EP here, but I really like everything upto "Promised Land" alot ! And I don't concider the albums after that really bad, just not as good as the old stuff...

I would have to go for 'Rage for Order' because of the same reason that Soundmaster indicated, the atmosphere grabs me like no other QR album. After that comes O:M, the EP and The Warning.

Actually I'll go with Empire. The more "commercial" approach doesn't bother me, quite on the contrary actually since catchiness is never a crime! It's kinda hard to explain but it also has this deep dark undercurrent going on beneath those more straight-forward tracks. The title track is my favorite Queensrÿche track of all time.
It's the best sounding metal cd (production-wise) I've ever heard, too. They don't make 'em like this any more...

When it comes to Queensrÿche, eeverything from the EP to about halfway through Promised Land is excellent stuff in my book. The later stuff, no thanks.

O:M for me but on any given day it could be Warning or RFO too. I like `em all up to Promised Land. Every one of those albums is different yet it`s still QR.

...a great piece of art was born...a real diamond....
and diamonds are forever!!!!
"Operation:Mindcrime" is close to be the best concept album in metal history!
Who Killed sister Mary anyway?
Hard to find another album that has been discussed and analysed as much as O:M!!!
As far as its music is concerned, oh.....it comes from outer space, definitely!:worship:

Finally, I chose "Operation: Mindcrime". It's the Queensryche album that I have listened more than the rest.

Then I love RFO, Promised Land, EP, Warning, Empire, O: P II, Tribe, Q2k, HITNF.

I adore the EP and am much like TSOLR on the Empire release as well. I actually hated Empire at first, but I aquired a taste for the songs and they stuck. I also think PL is underrated as well. Having said all of thet, bang for the buck.... I have to go with O:M.

Bryant

I had to go for O:M. Like many have already stated, I've heard Mindcrime so many times it's probably not my favorite anymore. But it is their best album. These days, I prefer Rage for Order and The Warning. Of course, the EP is ALWAYS fun to play, but it's too damn short.

Promised Land. It just barely beats out Rage For Order, which is also damned amazing. I really feel that from RfO through PL, they could do no wrong. Just an incredible string of albums, though the dropoff afterward was quite precipitous.