Your Favorite Concept Album

Urizen - Autocratopolis

urizen.jpg

Just phenomenal. One of my all-time favorite albums.

Blood Mountain - Mastodon, the stuff those guys do, the random deviations and drum beats, I wonder what listening to them while high would be like.

blood-mountain-CD.png

In Sorte Diaboli isn't so bad either.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I discovered that my newly acquired album Neuthrone from the Polish Symphonic Blackened Death band Crionics, is based on an intriguing lyrical concept about this alien race that enslaves humanity and ravages the Earth. With the lyrics for each song came a passage from the story, which turned out to be quite an interesting little sci-fi read. I typed out the first passage to give you the general idea:

neuthrone.jpg

Crionics - Neuthrone - Introduction said:
Thousands of years before Christ, the extraterrestrial civilization of Rye’eh-X’D’aah – the Demiurgs who since the beginning of time had been wandering in search of the Harbour (the optimal climate conditions and resources to enable their Great System to function most efficiently) one day encountered Mother Earth. Unfortunately, the atmosphere and lack of technology (neutron-climate control and extermination technology was still being developed) made it impossible to take control of the planet and settle on it. The Rye’eh-X’D’yh devised a lengthy but effective and safe solution to the problem. After series of tests and experiments, Leaders’ Council selected a few hundred of the best-developed, healthiest specimens of both sexes of Homo Sapiens. They were taken along on the next part of the voyage, most of which they spent in cryogenic chambers, being reproduced, experimented on and modified genetically, so that their new fathers could raise a new species, the Homo Superior, a doomsday device in he hands of the Demiurgs…

The story goes on that in the year 2033 the aliens return and detonate a neutron bomb that wipes out 90% of life on Earth and lowering global temperatures to below zero celsius. The remaining humans are enslaved by the "Superiors" and are forced to mine precious resources for the aliens until all usefulness for humanity, and Earth, is depleted...

The band made a music video for the song "Humanmeat Cargo", which follows the part of the story in which the human laborers who fall ill or weak are sent to the Humanmeat Terminal where they are sent to be experimented upon. The video shows a lot about the concept. You'll notice one of the "Superiors" in the video. Pretty cool I must say, and as for the music, it rocks!

Last edited by a moderator: