Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Camel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PFM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
Well Dream Theater may not have progressed much, but I struggle to see why that makes them bad. They're my favourite band. Out of those bands, it's a tie between KC and Yes, but I don't see why Rush aren't there, even though they are a bit more hard rock orientated than the others...

LuminousAether said:
Dream Theater not progressing isn't what makes them bad, it's their horrid vocalist and their incredibly lame Yes wannabe keyboard player.

Can i 'progress' my fist into your face? :D Jus' kidding. I like DT loads but i agree the singer can be really lame and the keyboarder can be very repetative in style and the sound he makes. Having said that they've made some amazing albums and i love em'!

Yes wannabe? I don't know which keyboardist you're talking about here, but I hear no Rick Wakeman "wannabe" qualities in any of them, especially their current keyboardist, at most, a slight influence. An James LaBrie is a brilliant singer, just because you don't like the tone colour in his voice doesn't make him "horrid"...

Johnny Wonderpants said:
Yes wannabe? I don't know which keyboardist you're talking about here, but I hear no Rick Wakeman "wannabe" qualities in any of them, especially their current keyboardist, at most, a slight influence. An James LaBrie is a brilliant singer, just because you don't like the tone colour in his voice doesn't make him "horrid"...

James LaBrie is easily one of the worst vocalists of all time. He's hilariously bad. Fred Durst is better, and that's saying a lot.

I think he can be amazing but my opinion of him changes all the time. If you want the worst possible example of his singing download Dream Theater - Master of puppets video, his voice does not suit this song and it sounds AWFUL

LuminousAether said:
James LaBrie is easily one of the worst vocalists of all time. He's hilariously bad. Fred Durst is better, and that's saying a lot.

Any particular reason he's bad? Out of all the vocallists in my music class at school, I'm the only one who can manage his stuff, but I still struggle to hit the third verse in Another Day. His skill's all there mate, once again, you just don't like the tone colour of his voice...