• UK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I prefer heavy rock groups

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
symphonyXjapan said:
this disgusts me, appalls me (I hope thats how you spell it), just infuriates me. A Symphony X board with Symphony X not even LISTED or mentioned even. Well mine is Symphony X all the way. I dont even know if I would consider Pink Floyd progresseve anyway.

Dude, take a listen to The Wall -> their concept album. And Symphony X is progressive metal.

Cheers

How the hell could you not include RUSH on a favorite prog rock group poll?!?! I mean c'mon!

I love Floyd but Rush is just that much better...

You really screwed up the list by leaving out RUSH, this is like having a list for the best film of all time and leaving out star wars for fuck sake.

I'm voting for RUSH even though they are not on the list,

Nah... Camel rocks em all up against the wall, and I love Rush and Genesis both. Gentle Giant makes it third behind Genesis at second, with Rush and Yes pulling up fourth. Nice poll, though.

Once more now everyone lets hear it for RUSH - yeahhhhhh

Neil Peart is my idol because I aspire to be half the drummer/lyricist he was.

Rush trivia - name that killer song :

Imagine a time
when it all begin
In the dying days of a war
A weapon that would settle the score

Holy shite I love this song - A big bang :headbang:
The synth totally takes me back to my childhood

Thats Manhattan Project, i love that song also!

I totally hear you on the drumming, and lyrics part. His lyrics always have depth and meaning, I wonder where Neil gets all the inspiration.

Well done just testin the rest of you rush freaks and I doubt I will be able to beat people on the subject of rush with user names like g3ddy Lee!!

Yeah Neil is my absolute idol and I wanted to be a drummer/song writer before I heard of him so now it's like he's god.

Neil is a thinker who is intellectual but open minded, a combo very hard to find today and he expresses his feelings via the pen and his drumset.

Ok one trivia Q for the road, just one line this time :

Clutch at plausible deniability

Quote from Yngvai X: "Duuuuude, where's Genesis, man? Selling England By the Pound, Foxtrot, and Nursery Cryme are some of my favorite 70s prog!"

Yngvai, I have all of these!!! They are some of my absolute favorite albums... I have logged many hours listening to all of them, especially "Foxtrot." Steve Hackett's guitar parts are nuts, and Peter Gabriel's vocals are incredible... Have you heard the song "The Can Utility and the Coastliners?" That's my favorite! Aside from "The Knife," "Get 'Em Out by Friday" and "Return of the Giant Hogweed."