Your favorite song from Shadows of the Past?

Yeah, the fills Todd did were the more traditional ones Sorrell wrote from the preliminary tracks, which I already loved anyway, so it didn't take but a few listens to get used to them. With These Hands changed so much over the five year period, I can barely remember each version from one to the next. Since I spent hours and hours mixing this thing from June to September all I ever hear in my head is the current version. I'm very happy with it, thank God.

"With these hands" definitely, although it is MUCH different than I remember it. I have a very old copy of a very rough draft on CD (actually I have a few). You will see them on Antiques Roadshow one day. I liked those fills. I also liked heresy.............

I don't have one particular favorite, but the ones that stick with me the most are "Never", "With These Hands", "The Diary of Lost Souls", and "Chasing Shadows". I'll find that clips from these songs get stuck in my head and that's not a bad thing. The whole CD ties into itself so well its hard to pick just one favorite. :worship:

There is always that defining moment on an EP that just makes the whole thing a 5 star affair. For me it comes about 4 minutes into "Drawn to the Past" with just an awesome guitar solo. Perfect note selection, perfect tempo, perfect timing. Definitely a great song! And that is a great 35 seconds!!!!!!

There is always that defining moment on an EP that just makes the whole thing a 5 star affair. For me it comes about 4 minutes into "Drawn to the Past" with just an awesome guitar solo. Perfect note selection, perfect tempo, perfect timing. Definitely a great song! And that is a great 35 seconds!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!! Thanks E. :headbang:

How sad is this? I had to listen to it to see which section you were talking about.:lol: You'd think I'd know this thing by now.

SRS

Hey man, give the keys some love :heh: I'm right there with him through most of that :kickass::headbang:

Actually, if it sounds like one instrument then we pulled that off quite nicely. :erk:

Hey man, give the keys some love I'm right there with him through most of that

Actually, if it sounds like one instrument then we pulled that off quite nicely.

Hmmm... oh yeah, that's right, keyboards... Well, you did a GREAT job of putting them behind the guitar. I will have to listen a bit more closely. :rolleyes: